The MDN tagging guide

Eric Shepherd

May 24, 2017, 11:37:53 AM5/24/17
to MDC Mailinglist
We need to review our current tagging guide (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/MDN/Contribute/Howto/Tag <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/MDN/Contribute/Howto/Tag>) and make sure that everything there is still how we want things done, and to add new tags that we’ve devised or think we should include. If you’re not familiar with that page, it lays out how to correctly determine what tags each page should have.

I just made a few changes, and it would be great if people look it over and we discuss if any further revisions are needed or would be helpful.

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer
Mozilla Developer Network <https://developer.mozilla.org/>
Blog: https://www.bitstampede.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sheppy

Chris Mills

May 24, 2017, 11:44:59 AM5/24/17
to Eric Shepherd, MDC Mailinglist
Nice one mate.

I think we can probably get rid of the Web Literacy Map stuff, as it’s never really been used on the learning area. Does anyone else have a use for it?

Also, I’d like to officially include the tags Interface and Constructor as used with API ref pages. Anyone against this?

Chris Mills
MDN content lead || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

Eric Shepherd

May 24, 2017, 12:06:14 PM5/24/17
to Chris Mills, MDC Mailinglist
Agreed. I’m adding this now.

> On May 24, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Chris Mills <cmi...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> Also, I’d like to officially include the tags Interface and Constructor as used with API ref pages. Anyone against this?

Kadir Topal

May 28, 2017, 3:18:20 PM5/28/17
to Chris Mills, MDC Mailinglist, Eric Shepherd
Thanks for looking into this Sheppy!

Chis, I removed the web literacy map parts.

—Kadir