Another editing experience idea

Eric Shepherd

Dec 6, 2016, 5:58:06 PM12/6/16
to MDC Mailinglist
I wonder… would it be helpful to try to come up with a tool that can take our WebIDL and create a dictionary file for the editor from it, so that the names of interfaces and such are considered valid words by the spell checker? Using one of the WebIDL parsers written in Node, it would not be hard to do.

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer
Mozilla
https://developer.mozilla.org/ <https://developer.mozilla.org/>
Blog: http://www.bitstampede.com/ <http://www.bitstampede.com/>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/sheppy

Joe Medley

Dec 12, 2016, 12:06:27 PM12/12/16
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
My knee-jerk reaction is that this is a very good idea. My second thought is how does the cost of implementing compare to the benefits of the result? I haven't observed a huge problem with misspelling of interface items, but then again, I haven't looked.

This isn't an argument agains. It's an argument for dotting the 'I's.

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 19, 2016, 6:20:41 AM12/19/16
to Eric Shepherd, MDC Mailinglist
Catching up with mails seeing no one else commented on this so far...

On 6 December 2016 at 23:57, Eric Shepherd <eshe...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I wonder… would it be helpful to try to come up with a tool that can take our WebIDL and create a dictionary file for the editor from it, so that the names of interfaces and such are considered valid words by the spell checker? Using one of the WebIDL parsers written in Node, it would not be hard to do.

Sounds reasonable to me. Did you already file a bug for that?

Sebastian