Preference system in mozilla

Дмитрий Тарасов

May 13, 2016, 4:48:24 PM5/13/16
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi, how to change name preference "webgl.enable-debug-renderer-info" and to set true. I have a website and i want to change these preference in firefox for all users of my site. How can I do it ?
Why this don't work in firefox, but in other browsers this works.
Answer me in simple English because my English isn't so good. Thank you.
Dmitry.

Jeremie Patonnier

May 13, 2016, 10:37:19 PM5/13/16
to Дмитрий Тарасов, mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Dmitry :)

> Hi, how to change name preference "webgl.enable-debug-renderer-info" and
> to set true. I have a website and i want to change these preference in
> firefox for all users of my site. How can I do it ?

Unfortunately it isn't possible. Only a user can change the preference of
the browser. You cannot use JavaScript to do that for obvious security
reason.

> Why this don't work in firefox, but in other browsers this works.

Currently this feature is not fully implemented or require more development
work to be turn on by default in Firefox. At that point this is considered
an unfinished or experimental feature by the Firefox team and that's why it
isn't turn on by default.

Other browsers have a different policy or they are more advance in
implementing that feature which explain why it is already available in
those browsers.

> Answer me in simple English because my English isn't so good. Thank you.

I hope it is simple enough. Feel free to ask more questions if it needs
more clarity.

Best,

--
Jeremie