Very small comeback project

klez

Aug 20, 2016, 7:01:08 PM8/20/16
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all, it's been a while :)

I was taking a look at this[0] page, and I couldn't avoid noticing that,
in the introduction, the terms 'first-class functions' and
'prototype-based' point to Wikipedia.

If I remember correctly, the point of the Glossary was also to have this
kind of things defined inside MDN.

Since I need to regain some proficiency with MDN, do you think that we
should have those two terms defined inside the glossary and link there
instead of Wikipedia? If yes, that's my comeback task :)

Greetings
klez

[0] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 21, 2016, 3:58:12 AM8/21/16
to klez, MDC Mailinglist
Yes, please! And welcome back, klez!

Sebastian

Chris Mills

Aug 21, 2016, 6:03:33 AM8/21/16
to klez, dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Klez,

welcome back! It is good to hear from you.

I agree that this would be a good idea — I think you should do it!

Also, since you went on MDN vacation, I have been doing loads of work on the Learning Area, but have not had much time to keep up with glossary entries. It’d be great to have someone to help with some more glossary entries. Let me know if you feel like doing anything else, after your first two new entries.

All the best,

Chris Mills
Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

klez

Aug 21, 2016, 7:07:30 AM8/21/16
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Aaaaaaaand... it's done :)

On 08/21/2016 12:03 PM, Chris Mills wrote:

> Also, since you went on MDN vacation, I have been doing loads of work on the Learning Area, but have not had much time to keep up with glossary entries. It’d be great to have someone to help with some more glossary entries. Let me know if you feel like doing anything else, after your first two new entries.

Yes, I already started doing a bit of clean-up (mainly tagging entries
and moving stuff out of the 'wanted definitions' area when it has
already been defined).

Next I may wander around MDN and look for stuff that doesn't point to
the glossary and write missing entries (or add them as wanted) as I find
them.

Wish me luck :P

Greetings
klez

Chris Mills

Aug 22, 2016, 3:37:22 AM8/22/16
to klez, dev...@lists.mozilla.org

> On 21 Aug 2016, at 12:06, klez <kl...@mes3hacklab.org> wrote:
>
> Aaaaaaaand... it's done :)

Yay, cheers!

> On 08/21/2016 12:03 PM, Chris Mills wrote:
>>
>> Also, since you went on MDN vacation, I have been doing loads of work on the Learning Area, but have not had much time to keep up with glossary entries. It’d be great to have someone to help with some more glossary entries. Let me know if you feel like doing anything else, after your first two new entries.
>>

> Yes, I already started doing a bit of clean-up (mainly tagging entries and moving stuff out of the 'wanted definitions' area when it has already been defined).

Cool.

> Next I may wander around MDN and look for stuff that doesn't point to the glossary and write missing entries (or add them as wanted) as I find them.
>
> Wish me luck :P

Good luck ;-)

As I say, there is a lot of new material under https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Learn (see the HTML/CSS/JS sections in the sidebar), which could do with picking through and figuring out new Glossary entries for. This would be a great place to start.