The new l10n report is out!

Delphine L

Jul 7, 2017, 8:17:58 PM7/7/17
to dev-l10n
Hi localizers,

We've worked on creating a new l10n monthly report. We hope you will enjoy
it and find it useful. In fact, our past l10n reports have become obsolete
since we've dropped Beta and are now localizing on Nightly. We also wanted
to revamp the whole idea and talk about all the new stuff that's going on
around Quantum/Photon - and other many new cool projects - and how that
affects you.

Here is the July edition:
https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/07/08/new-l10n-report-july-edition/

We'll probably be tweaking it up a bit in the upcoming months, stay tuned.

Hope you like it!

Have a great weekend
--
Delphine

Jeff Beatty

Jul 7, 2017, 9:51:29 PM7/7/17
to Delphine Lebédel, dev-l10n
Not to worry everyone, we have not gotten rid of Beta. That one's still
around ;-)

Delphine L

Jul 7, 2017, 10:34:37 PM7/7/17
to Jeff Beatty, dev-l10n
Ahahahaha! woops... I meant Aurora...
#TGIF

;)
--
Delphine

Michal Stanke

Jul 8, 2017, 4:14:57 AM7/8/17
to Delphine Lebédel, dev-l10n, Jeff Beatty
Great news and reading. I like the fact there are projects and pages with
long deadlines and/or low priority now, which we can use for newcomers (I
hope I won't forget to introduce them all later togather with our new
project "ownership").

In the meantime, can you please add me to the Telegram group (@mstanke)?
Btw. why are most of the Mozilla groups not public?

--
Michal Stanke

Dne 8. 7. 2017 4:34 napsal uživatel "Delphine L" <lebedel....@gmail.com
>:

Axel Hecht

Jul 8, 2017, 6:45:21 AM7/8/17
Am 08.07.17 um 10:14 schrieb Michal Stanke:
> Great news and reading. I like the fact there are projects and pages with
> long deadlines and/or low priority now, which we can use for newcomers (I
> hope I won't forget to introduce them all later togather with our new
> project "ownership").
>
> In the meantime, can you please add me to the Telegram group (@mstanke)?
> Btw. why are most of the Mozilla groups not public?

We had telegram groups for workshops open with links to join, and that
attracted spammers quite efficiently.

That's why we're trying this one to be on-invitation only.

Axel

San Emmanuel James

Jul 8, 2017, 7:36:15 AM7/8/17
to Axel Hecht, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
I would love to join, +256752900304,

The report is very informative,

It would be nice to add a section for how you can contribute with a brief
highlight on each contribution area and were to go next if interested.

Thanks for sharing.
San Emmanuel James
Community Lead, Mozilla Uganda
Email: sanj...@mozilla-uganda.org
Tel. +256775955559, +256711955559
Innovation, Openness and Opportunity on the open web.

Jeff Beatty

Jul 8, 2017, 9:13:09 AM7/8/17
to San Emmanuel James, Axel Hecht, dev-l10n
Thanks for the suggestions!

As for invite-only comms channels, it's indeed all about avoiding spammers.
We're particularly sensitive to it these days too because of our resident
spammer on the dev-l10n mailing list (if you've sent mail to the list
you've likely met Jessica) whom we're working to figure out how to kick
from the mailing list.

As a reminder too, this is a public mailing list and any personal
information shared is shared at your own risk.

Thanks,
Jeff