Schedule updates for 57 merge day, Beta projects and cross-channel

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Sep 12, 2017, 10:10:10 AM9/12/17
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,
Today is the last day to get changes into Beta. In the early afternoon
of Wednesday (Sep 13), European timezone, we'll be disabling Firefox
Beta and Firefox for Android Beta projects in Pontoon.

The reason for this is that we plan to use cross-channel when 57 moves
to Beta, and anything landing in mozilla-beta repositories after
tomorrow is not going to ship in products anyway.

Talking about schedule, this cycle is going to have two merges:
* On Thursday (Sep 14), there will be a first merge from central to beta
for code.
* A second merge will happen on the originally planned date (Sep 20).

If you're working on Pontoon, nothing will change for you. Keep working
on the "Firefox" and "Firefox for Android" projects, they'll write into
the cross-channel repository for your locale (l10n-central).

If you're working directly on Mercurial, please keep focusing on
l10n-central repositories. Note that l10n content won't be merged to
beta anymore, since 57 Beta will be built from l10n-central
repositories, and the same will happen for 57 release in November.

Francesco

Axel Hecht

Sep 13, 2017, 10:09:24 AM9/13/17
I've also disabled the automation on l10n.mozilla.org until later
tomorrow to accommodate for this change.
Axel

Francesco Lodolo

Sep 16, 2017, 8:46:32 AM9/16/17
to Axel Hecht, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Please ignore the fact that Beta is going to show missing/obsolete
strings for a few more days on l10n.mozilla.org.

You don't need to do anything to fix Beta, just focus on the 'central'
products of the dashboard (i.e. Nightly, 'Firefox', 'Firefox for
Android' in Pontoon).

That's a side effect of having two merge days from Central to Beta
(there are currently different strings in the two repositories).

Francesco