Re: Annotations about new strings landing in mozilla-central

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

May 30, 2017, 8:25:19 AM5/30/17
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Adding a note for visibility: "Overflow menu".

From the localization note: "The overflow menu is the menu that appears
if you click the chevron (>> button) in the location bar. These labels
are only used in Photon, where you can put items into this menu
permanently (pinned)."

It's not the one appearing on the bookmarks toolbar, it appears on the
main toolbar. You need the Photon menu enabled (switch
browser.photon.structure.enabled to True in about:config).

If you Customize the toolbar, or resize the windows, it will appear and
you can pin elements to it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vetmjt6efl9g5gu/photon_overflow_menu.png?dl=0

There's a chance that it will be renamed
https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/photon-dev/2017-May/000053.html

Note that some features, like the new static ("Photon") menu, will
remain enabled only on Nightly until 57.

Francesco