Firefox beta enabled in Pontoon

Michal Stanke

Jun 10, 2017, 5:32:41 AM6/10/17
to dev-l10n
Hi.

I have noticed on Pontoon, that Firefox beta got enabled for Czech. Is
it because of the merge day? We keep Nightly on 100%, so if there are no
strings during the last day, that would go to beta directly, we should
be safe. If there is any string missing in beta after the merge day, I
will use hg directly to have better overview what has been pushed to
beta and what's not.

Is it possible to disable Firefox beta for Czech on Pontoon now, or make
the project ready only? The status is still visible on the team
dashboard on elmo.
--
Michal Stanke

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Jun 10, 2017, 6:05:03 AM6/10/17
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 10/06/17 11.32, Michal Stanke ha scritto:
> Hi.
>
> I have noticed on Pontoon, that Firefox beta got enabled for Czech. Is
> it because of the merge day?
Yes, it was communicated here
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.l10n/THfa5Vsl6Hg/fWjtS66FBAAJ

Since we won't have cross-channel ready, we need to let people translate
strings that might slip into Beta.

Talking about Pontoon: I just noticed that it's not showing a new file
(browser/extensions/onboarding/onboarding.properties). I've alerted
Matjaz, but I'm not sure when he'll be able to fix it.

This file will only be used in 56, so feel free to ignore the warning
about the missing string.

> We keep Nightly on 100%, so if there are no strings during the last
> day, that would go to beta directly, we should be safe.
There will be strings landing last minute, sadly.

> If there is any string missing in beta after the merge day, I will use
> hg directly to have better overview what has been pushed to beta and
> what's not.
> Is it possible to disable Firefox beta for Czech on Pontoon now, or
> make the project ready only? The status is still visible on the team
> dashboard on elmo.
You could set special permissions to the project, and let only managers
commit changes. Read-only is not an option, if you prefer I can disable
it at this point, but I think it would still be a good idea to keep it
(much faster to fix a string in Pontoon than Mercurial).

Francesco

Axel Hecht

Jun 10, 2017, 8:45:21 AM6/10/17
Am 10.06.17 um 12:04 schrieb Francesco Lodolo [:flod]:
> Il 10/06/17 11.32, Michal Stanke ha scritto:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have noticed on Pontoon, that Firefox beta got enabled for Czech. Is
>> it because of the merge day?
> Yes, it was communicated here
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.l10n/THfa5Vsl6Hg/fWjtS66FBAAJ
>
> Since we won't have cross-channel ready, we need to let people translate
> strings that might slip into Beta.
>
> Talking about Pontoon: I just noticed that it's not showing a new file
> (browser/extensions/onboarding/onboarding.properties). I've alerted
> Matjaz, but I'm not sure when he'll be able to fix it.
>
> This file will only be used in 56, so feel free to ignore the warning
> about the missing string.

I'm sure that's because his back-end uses his own repo and this is a new
top-level directory to include.

Also,
https://hg.mozilla.org/users/m_owca.info/firefox-central/rev/fff923a4c7ad
indicates that this should be fixed now.

Axel

Michal Stanke

Jun 10, 2017, 9:55:50 AM6/10/17
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Let's keep it then, I will put a "ban" on Firefox Beta via internal team
channels and make sure only manager have change permissions. :)

Michal Stanke

Dne 10.6.2017 v 12:04 Francesco Lodolo [:flod] napsal(a):
> Il 10/06/17 11.32, Michal Stanke ha scritto:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have noticed on Pontoon, that Firefox beta got enabled for Czech.
>> Is it because of the merge day?
> Yes, it was communicated here
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.l10n/THfa5Vsl6Hg/fWjtS66FBAAJ
>
> Since we won't have cross-channel ready, we need to let people
> translate strings that might slip into Beta.
>
> Talking about Pontoon: I just noticed that it's not showing a new file
> (browser/extensions/onboarding/onboarding.properties). I've alerted
> Matjaz, but I'm not sure when he'll be able to fix it.
>
> This file will only be used in 56, so feel free to ignore the warning
> about the missing string.
>
>> We keep Nightly on 100%, so if there are no strings during the last
>> day, that would go to beta directly, we should be safe.
> There will be strings landing last minute, sadly.
>
>> If there is any string missing in beta after the merge day, I will
>> use hg directly to have better overview what has been pushed to beta
>> and what's not.
>> Is it possible to disable Firefox beta for Czech on Pontoon now, or
>> make the project ready only? The status is still visible on the team
>> dashboard on elmo.
> You could set special permissions to the project, and let only
> managers commit changes. Read-only is not an option, if you prefer I
> can disable it at this point, but I think it would still be a good
> idea to keep it (much faster to fix a string in Pontoon than Mercurial).
>
> Francesco

Artem Polivanchuk

Jun 12, 2017, 2:54:33 AM6/12/17
субота, 10 червня 2017 р. 16:55:50 UTC+3 користувач Michal Stanke написав:
Hi Michal,

The easiest way for locale manager to restrict access to any project on Pontoon is to use new option for adding Custom Permissions.

Regards,
Artem