Unclear expressions in Aurora dom.properties

Michael Wolf

Aug 2, 2016, 4:51:24 PM8/2/16

there are some expressions in dom.properties file that are unclear to me:

- promise
- principal
- grace timeout
- paced property

Normal meanings are not suitable. Is a grace timeout a timeout with a
short delay before terminating? What does "paced" mean?

Thanks.

Michael

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Aug 3, 2016, 1:12:15 AM8/3/16
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 02/08/16 22.51, Michael Wolf ha scritto:
They're all technical terms, and keeping them in English might the best
solution (or at least keep a reference near your translation). Happy to
hear other opinions though ;-)

Promise:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Promise

Principal: entity, typically security entity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal_(computer_security)

Grace timeout: that doesn't seem to be as common. Example: if you set
your computer to start a screenshot and ask for a password, when you
notice your screen fading out you usually have a short time available to
move your mouse, or press keys, and avoid typing your password. That's
usually referred to as "grace period", and its length "grace timeout".

Paced property: this is the only reference I was able to find (I kept it
in English)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/KeyframeEffectReadOnly/spacing#Value

Francesco