[iOS] v5.0 UPDATE: l10n deadline moved to Thursday

delphine

Jun 27, 2016, 4:08:24 PM6/27/16
Hey localizers,

Given some issues with menu labels that have been identified late in the cycle and need some love & care - and that some teams need a little bit more time to catch up with work in general - we are moving the l10n deadline for i0S v5.0 from tomorrow to this Thursday (July 30).

This will give localizers a bit more time to finish any pending work, finish up testing, and resolve any issues.

Thank you!

Leandro Regueiro

Jun 27, 2016, 5:16:20 PM6/27/16
to delphine, dev-l10n
> Hey localizers,
>
> Given some issues with menu labels that have been identified late in the cycle and need some love & care - and that some teams need a little bit more time to catch up with work in general - we are moving the l10n deadline for i0S v5.0 from tomorrow to this Thursday (July 30).

Hi
just updated the deadline in Pootle.

Thanks

> This will give localizers a bit more time to finish any pending work, finish up testing, and resolve any issues.
>
> Thank you!

Michael Bauer

Jun 27, 2016, 5:19:37 PM6/27/16
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
This must have gone under...

Is there a way of forcing a line break? Can we use <br> or something or
an optional hyphen to ensure that if a work does break, it breaks in the
right place?

Michael

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
<http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

Bjorn I.

Jun 28, 2016, 4:13:42 PM6/28/16
What about a soft-hyphen to get proper hyphenation in line breaks. Will it work in Locamotion, and is there an Alt + ? for it?

Leandro Regueiro

Jun 29, 2016, 12:52:32 PM6/29/16
to Bjorn I., dev-l10n
Hi,
Locamotion accepts specifying such character on the translations. The
actual question is if it will work on iOS. I am not familiar with iOS
intricacies, but perhaps delphine can get some clarity on it.

I don't understand what you mean with "Alt + ?". Can you please be a
bit more verbose?

Bye

Michael Bauer

Jun 29, 2016, 2:26:29 PM6/29/16
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
He meant something like "Alt 0163" giving you £ or "Alt 0146" the curly ’

Michael

Sgrìobh Leandro Regueiro na leanas 29/06/2016 aig 17:52:

Leandro Regueiro

Jun 30, 2016, 12:26:07 PM6/30/16
to Michael Bauer, dev-l10n
> He meant something like "Alt 0163" giving you £ or "Alt 0146" the curly ’

Hi,
that depends on the OS if I am not mistaken.

Bye