[Action needed] Migrating Pontoon sign in provider to Firefox Accounts

Matjaz Horvat

Oct 6, 2016, 9:56:15 AM10/6/16
to dev-l10n
Hi,

We are switching the sign in provider in Pontoon from Persona to
Firefox Accounts.

This means you will have to connect your existing Pontoon profile with
a Firefox Account before continuing to use Pontoon. You can do so by
following these steps:

1. Sign in with Persona as usually.

2. After you're redirected to the Firefox Accounts migration page,
click Sign in with Firefox Account and follow the instructions.

3. That's it. From this point on, you can log in with your Firefox Account.

Note that the email address of your Firefox Account and Pontoon
account do not need to match. And if you don't have a Firefox Account
yet, you will be able to create it during the sign in process.

--

How much time do you have?

Starting today, you can no longer use Pontoon with your profile if you
don't connect it with a Firefox Account first. Additionally, we no
longer allow new account creation using Persona.

November 1, 2016 will the last day for you to sign in to Pontoon using
Persona and migrate your existing Pontoon profile to Firefox Account.
We will be issuing increasingly frequent notifications to migrate
Pontoon profiles to Firefox Account starting now. Please do this as
soon as you can, in order to avoid any risk of losing access to
Pontoon.

We recognize this is an inconvenience, and we apologize for it.
Unfortunately, it is out of our control:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Persona_Shutdown_Guidelines_for_Reliers#FAQs

Thanks,
Matjaž

Michael 'Coce' Köhler

Oct 6, 2016, 10:06:48 AM10/6/16
Hi Matjaž,

I just tried it and it works.

Thanks, good job.

Michael

Michal Stanke

Oct 6, 2016, 11:40:01 AM10/6/16
to Matjaz Horvat, dev-l10n
Hi Matjaž.

Wonderful. I have linked my Firefox Account right in the minute you wrote
the e-mail, maybe few seconds before. ;) As the development of Pontoon has
brought new features and also slight changes in the UI, maybe it's time to
update
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Localization/Localizing_with_Pontoon,
including the change of auth provider to Firefox Account. Maybe you already
have a draft or a list of what should be included in the new version of the
document? Or if not and it's OK to update the screenshots and new facts
about Pontoon only, I can do it during the next week. ;)

Cheers,
--
Michal Stanke

Matjaz Horvat

Oct 6, 2016, 12:07:51 PM10/6/16
to Michal Stanke, dev-l10n, Jarek Śmiejczak
Thanks Michael and Michal!

Credit goes to Jarek (CCd), who implemented Firefox Accounts support,
account migration logic and made everything ready for adding more
login providers in the future.

Michal, thanks for raising your hand! :-) Docs most definitely need
update. Could you ping me in #pontoon to talk about more details?

-Matjaž

droid...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 9:05:42 AM10/10/16
Can i change my email for persona any way ?
too my gmail instead so its more easy to migrate it, as one of my friends email servers is down at the moment :(

Matjaz Horvat

Oct 10, 2016, 1:23:51 PM10/10/16
to Luna Jernberg, dev-l10n
Hi Luna,

You can log in to your current Pontoon account with Persona.

Then, you'll be redirected to the Firefox Accounts migrations page,
from which you can log in with Firefox Account of your choice - in
your case your Gmail address.

And from that point on, you can start logging in with Firefox Accounts
using your Gmail address. You'll be logged in to your existing Pontoon
account.

Let me know if that help.

Thanks,
Matjaž

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:05 PM, <droid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can i change my email for persona any way ?
> too my gmail instead so its more easy to migrate it, as one of my friends email servers is down at the moment :(

droid...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2016, 5:33:38 AM10/12/16
Got help from Matjaz over irc now so works fine now :), just have to migrate BugZilla and other stuff aswell before its too late :P

Matjaz Horvat

Oct 25, 2016, 2:25:14 PM10/25/16
to dev-l10n
Hey,

This is a friendly reminder that next Tuesday Persona sign in will be
removed from Pontoon completely.

That means you only have a week left to connect your existing Pontoon
profile with a Firefox Account.

If you don't do it before November 1, you will need to use Firefox
Account with the same email address as you use in Pontoon to log in to
your Pontoon profile.

Cheers,
Matjaž

Matjaz Horvat

Nov 3, 2016, 1:34:49 PM11/3/16
to dev-l10n
Persona sign in is now removed from Pontoon.

Thanks to 500+ people who connected their existing Pontoon profiles
with a Firefox Account!

If you haven't done that yet, you simply need to log in with Firefox
Account with the same email address that you use in Pontoon.

Thanks,
Matjaž

Michael 'Coce' Köhler

Nov 3, 2016, 2:54:33 PM11/3/16
Hi Matjaž,

While we’re on this subject, I wonder if it would be possible and
desirable to redirect not to the FxA Signup page but to the Sign-in page
when the Sign-in link in Pontoon is clicked.

Regards,

Michael

Matjaz Horvat

Nov 3, 2016, 7:40:20 PM11/3/16
to Michael 'Coce' Köhler, dev-l10n
Hi Michael,

It's actually supposed to work like this already. And the last email
you've logged in with should already be pre-filled.

Does it behave differently for you?

Cheers,
Matjaž

Michael 'Coce' Köhler

Nov 4, 2016, 5:15:54 AM11/4/16
to mat...@mozilla.com
Hi Matjaž,

> Does it behave differently for you?

It does indeed. I’m taken to the page which suggests I create a new
Firefox Account. I’ll try to figure out why this is, because in a new
profile the behaviour is as you described, even when I delete the history.

Regards,

Michael

droid...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2016, 7:09:15 PM11/5/16
I had that problem some times too :(

Matjaz Horvat

Nov 6, 2016, 4:45:44 AM11/6/16
to Martin Jernberg, dev-l10n
I don't think we can't control this from within Pontoon. You should be
redirected to the sign in page for the last account that was used. If
it doesn't work that way, something might be wrong with your browser
profile.

-Matjaž