Pontoon Tools notifications order

Michal Stanke

Dec 14, 2017, 5:48:24 PM12/14/17
to dev-l10n
Hi.

Heads up. In the last few hours or maybe day you may have noticed wrong
order of notifications in the popup (new notifications were on the
bottom). I have released a fix (3.1.1) now, it should be available
through AMO in few minutes.
--
Michal

Gabriela Montagu

Dec 20, 2017, 11:23:43 AM12/20/17
to Michal Stanke, dev-l10n
Hello Michal,

I have an issue with v 3.1.1: the tool shows 0 notifications but there are
99 untranslated strings in Firefox and a total of 162 missing strings.

Maybe the above is because there are no new notifications?

Many thanks!
Best regards,
Gabriela
QA Mozilla Hispano Team Responsible

http://www.mozilla-hispano.org

Michal Stanke

Dec 20, 2017, 11:35:18 AM12/20/17
to Gabriela Montagu, dev-l10n
Hi Gabriela.

Pontoon Tools should display the same notifications as Pontoon itself. Do
you see the notifications via regular Pontoon web interface?

--
Michal Stanke

Dne 20. 12. 2017 17:23 napsal uživatel "Gabriela Montagu" <

Gabriela Montagu

Dec 20, 2017, 12:02:23 PM12/20/17
to Michal Stanke, dev-l10n
Yes, I see the old ones. Is this the expected?

The weird thing was that the tool was showing 11 notifications and from a
moment to the other it showed 0

Michal Stanke

Dec 21, 2017, 4:51:51 AM12/21/17
to Gabriela Montagu, dev-l10n
Yes. Both in Pontoon and Pontoon Tools you should see all your unread
notifications + the most recent read notifications so you have at least
7 notifications displayed in total. However the number in Pontoon Tools
icon counts only unread ones.

If the number went from 11 down to 0, the notifications have been marked
as read. There are actually quite many ways notifications can be marked
as read:

* click "Mark as read" in the Pontoon Tools button popup
* click "Mark as read" in the Pontoon Tools button context menu
* show the notifications in Pontoon itself by clicking the bell icon
in the top right
* AFAIK visiting https://pontoon.mozilla.org/notifications/ also marks
all notifications as read

Please note Pontoon Tools keeps the state of notifications in sync with
Pontoon itself, so when you read the notifications in Pontoon web
interface, they'll become read in Pontoon Tools too. I am thinking of an
option to mark notifications as unread or pin them as a reminder for later.

Michal

Dne 20.12.2017 v 18:01 Gabriela Montagu napsal(a):
> Yes, I see the old ones. Is this the expected?
>
> The weird thing was that the tool was showing 11 notifications and
> from a moment to the other it showed 0
>

> On 20 December 2017 at 13:35, Michal Stanke <mst...@mozilla.cz
> <mailto:mst...@mozilla.cz>> wrote:
>
> Hi Gabriela.
>
> Pontoon Tools should display the same notifications as Pontoon
> itself. Do you see the notifications via regular Pontoon web
> interface?
>
> --
> Michal Stanke
>
> Dne 20. 12. 2017 17:23 napsal uživatel "Gabriela Montagu"
> <gmon...@gmail.com <mailto:gmon...@gmail.com>>:
>
> Hello Michal,
>
> I have an issue with v 3.1.1: the tool shows 0 notifications
> but there are 99 untranslated strings in Firefox and a total
> of 162 missing strings.
>
> Maybe the above is because there are no new notifications?
>

> Many thanks!
> Best regards,
> Gabriela
> QA Mozilla Hispano Team Responsible
>

> http://www.mozilla-hispano.org
>

> On 14 December 2017 at 19:48, Michal Stanke
> <mst...@mozilla.cz <mailto:mst...@mozilla.cz>> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Heads up. In the last few hours or maybe day you may have
> noticed wrong order of notifications in the popup (new
> notifications were on the bottom). I have released a fix
> (3.1.1) now, it should be available through AMO in few
> minutes.
> --
> Michal

Gabriela Montagu

Dec 21, 2017, 8:26:41 AM12/21/17
to Michal Stanke, dev-l10n
Thank you very much for such a clear explanation Michal, I greatly
appreciate it!!!

On 21 December 2017 at 06:51, Michal Stanke <mst...@mozilla.cz> wrote:

> Yes. Both in Pontoon and Pontoon Tools you should see all your unread
> notifications + the most recent read notifications so you have at least 7
> notifications displayed in total. However the number in Pontoon Tools icon
> counts only unread ones.
>
> If the number went from 11 down to 0, the notifications have been marked
> as read. There are actually quite many ways notifications can be marked as
> read:
>
> - click "Mark as read" in the Pontoon Tools button popup
> - click "Mark as read" in the Pontoon Tools button context menu
> - show the notifications in Pontoon itself by clicking the bell icon
> in the top right
> - AFAIK visiting https://pontoon.mozilla.org/notifications/ also marks
> all notifications as read
>

> Please note Pontoon Tools keeps the state of notifications in sync with
> Pontoon itself, so when you read the notifications in Pontoon web
> interface, they'll become read in Pontoon Tools too. I am thinking of an
> option to mark notifications as unread or pin them as a reminder for later.
>
> Michal
>
> Dne 20.12.2017 v 18:01 Gabriela Montagu napsal(a):
>
> Yes, I see the old ones. Is this the expected?
>
> The weird thing was that the tool was showing 11 notifications and from a
> moment to the other it showed 0
>

> On 20 December 2017 at 13:35, Michal Stanke <mst...@mozilla.cz> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gabriela.
>>
>> Pontoon Tools should display the same notifications as Pontoon itself. Do
>> you see the notifications via regular Pontoon web interface?
>>
>> --
>> Michal Stanke
>>
>> Dne 20. 12. 2017 17:23 napsal uživatel "Gabriela Montagu" <
>> gmon...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hello Michal,
>>>
>>> I have an issue with v 3.1.1: the tool shows 0 notifications but there
>>> are 99 untranslated strings in Firefox and a total of 162 missing strings.
>>>
>>> Maybe the above is because there are no new notifications?
>>>

>>> Many thanks!
>>> Best regards,
>>> Gabriela
>>> QA Mozilla Hispano Team Responsible
>>>

>>> http://www.mozilla-hispano.org

Michal Stanke

Dec 21, 2017, 8:30:05 AM12/21/17
to Gabriela Montagu, dev-l10n
You are welcome. If you have any idea how to improve the behaviour to be
always intuitive, I am happy to hear. :)

--
Michal Stanke

Dne 21. 12. 2017 2:26 odpoledne napsal uživatel "Gabriela Montagu" <

Gabriela Montagu

Dec 21, 2017, 10:41:52 AM12/21/17
to Michal Stanke, dev-l10n
Will do, thanks again!