Process to translate changecopyright.org to more EU member state languages

hebokp...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2017, 11:46:14 AM9/11/17
Hi all!

I'm a dev from Hungary and would like to help spread the word about this new EU proposal.
The site is currently available in only a few languages and I found no exact info for wannabe translators. I think this is a key part of success here, as all member states languages are considered official languages of the Union.
How can proceed to get it translated into their language?

Theo Chevalier

Sep 11, 2017, 12:24:19 PM9/11/17
to hebokp...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in this project!
The changecopyright.org website used to be translated in all EU
languages when the goal was to raise global awareness around the issue.
Right now the number of languages is limited on purpose, because the
goal is to target very specific MEPs with our call tool — those who may
change their mind and lean towards the changes we would like to see happen.
It could even be counter productive to target MEPs that are already on
our side, so for this phase of the campaign we can’t add more languages.
It’s not we don’t want to, it’s a strategic choice for the campaign.
However, if for the next phase of the campaign it makes sense to support
more languages, I will be happy to enable the project for them :)

Side mote: there is an active thread on dev.l10n.web about the Copyright
website, since dev.l10n is more about products.

Best,
Théo

hebokp...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2017, 4:55:57 PM9/11/17
Thanks for letting me know and sorry for posting in the wrong group.