l10n dashboard shows missing strings but Pontoon doesn't

Eduardo Trápani

Jan 23, 2018, 8:21:42 AM1/23/18
to dev-l10n
Hi,

For Firefox Beta https://l10n.mozilla.org/teams/eo shows missing strings
[1] in profile/bookmarks.inc and nsserrors.properties but Pontoon shows
them as completed [2][3].

For Firefox Central there are also missing strings[4].

I'm not sure if this is related to Pontoon, or compare-locales.

[1] https://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/compare?run=897561
[2]
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/eo/firefox/browser/profile/bookmarks.inc/?string=79122
[3]
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/eo/firefox/security/manager/chrome/pipnss/nsserrors.properties/?string=70818
[4] https://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/compare?run=898355

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Jan 23, 2018, 8:26:29 AM1/23/18
to dev-l10n

> Hi,
>
> For Firefox Beta https://l10n.mozilla.org/teams/eo shows missing
> strings [1] in profile/bookmarks.inc and nsserrors.properties  but
> Pontoon shows them as completed [2][3].
profile/bookmarks.inc is indeed missing them, looks like Pontoon didn't
export them to Mercurial
https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/eo/file/default/browser/profile/bookmarks.inc

same for the other string
https://transvision.mozfr.org/?recherche=MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_EMPTY_ISSUER_NAME&repo=gecko_strings&sourcelocale=en-US&locale=eo&search_type=strings_entities

> For Firefox Central there are also missing strings[4].
2 of them are still in quarantine, so that's expected (they landed this
morning in mozilla-central)

Eduardo Trápani

Jan 23, 2018, 8:31:17 AM1/23/18
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
>> For Firefox Beta https://l10n.mozilla.org/teams/eo shows missing
>> strings [1] in profile/bookmarks.inc and nsserrors.properties  but
>> Pontoon shows them as completed [2][3].
> profile/bookmarks.inc is indeed missing them, looks like Pontoon didn't
> export them to Mercurial
> https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/eo/file/default/browser/profile/bookmarks.inc >
>
> same for the other string
> https://transvision.mozfr.org/?recherche=MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_EMPTY_ISSUER_NAME&repo=gecko_strings&sourcelocale=en-US&locale=eo&search_type=strings_entities

Thanks Flod. Any idea on what that might have happened? I just noticed
it because of your message on plural forms. I wasn't actually checking
the dashboard (kind of trusted Pontoon on that).

Should I file a bug to Pontoon to trace the problem?

Eduardo.

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Jan 23, 2018, 8:34:17 AM1/23/18
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 23/01/18 14.31, Eduardo Trápani ha scritto:
Matjaz is looking into it.

I think I've seen this happening before for serious Sync failures, but
those strings are also quite old, so I'm not sure if things improved in
the meantime regarding error recovery.

Francesco

Matjaz Horvat

Jan 23, 2018, 8:43:09 AM1/23/18
to Francesco Lodolo [:flod], dev-l10n
Eduardo,

The files have been pushed a minute ago:
https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/eo/rev/a9b3f128b0ad

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it's likely a sync failure
from the past we didn't notice. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for
reporting.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

-Matjaž

Eduardo Trápani

Jan 23, 2018, 9:31:15 AM1/23/18
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On 23/01/18 10:42, Matjaz Horvat wrote:

> The files have been pushed a minute ago:
> https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/eo/rev/a9b3f128b0ad

Thanks Matjaž. That was quick!

> I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it's likely a sync failure
> from the past we didn't notice.
Maybe there are other locales with a similar issue. Maybe you can check
with tools you have at hand if the dashboard and Pontoon agree.

I tried to do it by parsing https://l10n.mozilla.org/shipping/api/status
with jq but didn't get very far ...