Upcoming changes to searchplugins

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Sep 1, 2016, 1:01:43 PM9/1/16
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,
In the next hours I’m going to remove eBay from all locales shipping
this searchplugin because we no longer have permission to use the eBay
logo within Firefox. This affects both desktop and mobile.

Given the nature of this change, I’m going to do the removal directly
without leaving time to localizers to remove files themselves as I
usually do. Hopefully this won't create any issue: if you work on
Mercurial, always make sure to pull before doing new commits.

The change is going to land in mozilla-aurora and ride the train with
Firefox 50.

Francesco

Onno Ekker

Sep 1, 2016, 4:38:03 PM9/1/16
Op 1-9-2016 om 19:01 schreef Francesco Lodolo [:flod]:
You do know you'll have to remove the corresponding line from list.txt also?

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Sep 2, 2016, 12:55:56 AM9/2/16
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 01/09/16 22.37, Onno Ekker ha scritto:
Yes, both XML and list.txt.

I've already landed the changes, hopefully for all locales, but I still
need to double check if everything looks good.

Francesco