Changes to Phising/Malware pages

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Sep 19, 2017, 8:01:56 AM9/19/17
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,
I just pushed a few string changes related to the error pages displayed
when visiting pages identified as harmful, phishing, containing malware,
deceptive. They will be available in Pontoon in about 10 minutes.

If you want to test the pages, there are instructions here
https://mozilla-l10n.github.io/localizer-documentation/products/firefox_desktop/testing.html#search-for-untranslated-strings

These strings are also available in about:blocked

A couple more notes on the strings.

1) There are a few variations of the same base string, e.g.

X has been identified as 'type of issue'. You can 'report a problem' or
'ignore' and continue to the site.

There will be another string without the "ignore" part. In some cases a
string without the "report a problem" link, and just the first statement.

2) Don't copy strings without checking. The IDs inside the first span
changes depending on the type of error (e.g. unwanted_sitename vs
malware_sitename).

3) All links are quite clear, since they report the domain, minus the
"Unwanted Software Policy". That points to
https://www.google.com/about/unwanted-software-policy.html

You should check if Google has a translation for that page.

Francesco

Michal Stanke

Sep 19, 2017, 9:30:39 AM9/19/17
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Thank you for the update. Looking at those strings, I am unsure about
the wording, especially "You can ignore the risk and go to this unsafe
site.". Does it mean the user is actually safe to open the site, or
should I use a translate to discourage from proceeding? The English
wording sounds to me like it's is OK to ignore the risk.

Michal Stanke

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Sep 19, 2017, 9:34:18 AM9/19/17
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Personally I find the English wording clear: the website is still not
safe, you can decide on your own to ignore the risk and go ahead anyway.