How to mark empty strings as translated?

Michael Wolf

Jun 13, 2017, 12:49:41 PM6/13/17

how should empty strings be marked? Until lately, I marked them
translated by adding a space character and I retranslated them by
removing the space character. So they were marked as translated and
Pootle didn't report a space character error. But, if I do this now
Pootle reports it as untranslated. I'm not allowed to remove the space
character now. If I don't rremove the space character I added, Pootle
reports the space character error. All the new Firefox 55 beta strings
are empty strings where my method does not work anymore.

Regards.

Michael