Lists of Countries and Regions

Gervase Markham

Jun 1, 2017, 7:08:23 AM6/1/17
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all,

You may remember back in 2015 in mozilla.governance we discussed various
aspects of the problem of making lists of countries/regions and what the
name of each country or region should be. The results of the discussion
were to make it Mozilla best practice to use the US Government's GENC
list of country and region names rather than any other list.

Since then, I've had a task to write up a wiki page recording this
decision. I've now finally done it:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Lists_of_Countries_and_Regions

If your product or service needs to contain a list of countries/regions,
please follow the advice there.

Gerv