How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Danishka Navin

Oct 14, 2017, 9:43:20 AM10/14/17
to dev-l10n
Hi,

Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
messages?

Regards,
--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com

Danishka Navin

Oct 19, 2017, 12:45:02 PM10/19/17
to Eduardo Trápani, dev-l10n
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Eduardo Trápani <etra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
> > messages?
>
> I don't know about 'all'. Each one might need different triggers. Which
> one would you like to reproduce?
>
> You can get some of the error pages by killing a content process.

I need to test all possibilities as I feel there is an issue with
translation.

Alex Mayorga

Oct 19, 2017, 12:59:50 PM10/19/17
to Eduardo Trápani, Danishka Navin, dev-l10n
¡Hola Eduardo, Danishka!
You can use the crashers available at https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/utilities/crashfirefox-intentionally/
Hope these help.
¡Gracias!Alex

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Oct 19, 2017, 1:00:32 PM10/19/17
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 19/10/17 18.44, Danishka Navin ha scritto:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Eduardo Trápani <etra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
>>> messages?
>> I don't know about 'all'. Each one might need different triggers. Which
>> one would you like to reproduce?
>>
>> You can get some of the error pages by killing a content process.
>>
> I need to test all possibilities as I feel there is an issue with
> translation.
I usually kill Nightly Content processes in task manager.

There used to be a "Crash Me Now!" add-on, but I don't think it works
anymore.

Other pages involved are about:crashes and about:sessionrestore

Francesco

Danishka Navin

Oct 19, 2017, 1:09:21 PM10/19/17
to Francesco Lodolo [:flod], dev-l10n
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] <fl...@lodolo.net>
wrote:
Thanks Alex and Francesco.

> Francesco

Eduardo Trápani

Oct 19, 2017, 1:18:11 PM10/19/17
to dev-l10n
> You can use the crashers available at
> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/utilities/crashfirefox-intentionally/
>
> Hope these help.

Thanks Alex. Do you know if there is source code for those programs? I'm
on Linux, that's why.

Merike Sell

Oct 23, 2017, 3:33:46 PM10/23/17
signature.asc