[pootle] Reminder: Firefox projects are moving on Monday, August 21

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Aug 18, 2017, 8:20:12 AM8/18/17
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,
Just a quick reminder that next week we'll proceed with moving the
remaining projects from Pootle to Pontoon.
https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/pm-projects/issues/111

I plan to start on Monday morning (European time) to move Firefox and
Firefox Beta, while Firefox for Android will happen later that day.

Please make sure to check pending suggestions, and let us know if you
prefer to move all remaining projects at once.

Francesco

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Aug 21, 2017, 5:54:27 AM8/21/17
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,
Both Firefox and Firefox Beta are now available on Pontoon for all
shipping locales.

If Firefox or Firefox Beta are still available in Pootle for your
language, it means that your locale is currently not shipping in
official builds, or there was a mistake on our side in identifying the
locales. If both cases, please get in touch with l10n drivers.

Note that later today more migrations will happen (Firefox for Android,
mozilla.org)
https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/pm-projects/issues/111

Francesco

Delphine L

Aug 21, 2017, 6:38:39 PM8/21/17
to Francesco Lodolo [:flod], Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Heads-up that Firefox for Android has been migrated. We're only
waiting on a few locales so that we can migrate them over too:
https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/pm-projects/issues/100#issuecomment-323868548

Let me know if you see anything weird! thanks

Delphine

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru

Aug 24, 2017, 3:45:46 AM8/24/17
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
> Hi,
> Both Firefox and Firefox Beta are now available on Pontoon for all shipping
> locales.

Thanks for taking care of the migration, everything seems to have gone smoothly.

While the MLO server is still alive, is there a chance to import the
TM too? Correct me if I'm wrong, but after the migration happened and
as I experience it, the TM in Pontoon only includes the current state
of translations in its DB, so it ends up being something similar to
Transvision at the moment.

I'm hoping this will improve over time as I translate more units,
although the truth right now is that I'm finding myself translating
units which I already did in the past (or they would be close to 90%+
matches), however none of these show up as TM suggestions as I'd have
expected. All in all, being able to import the TM from Pootle would be
a very valuable resource and I hope something can be done to avoid
losing it.

Regards,
Julen.

Matjaz Horvat

Aug 24, 2017, 4:19:58 AM8/24/17
to Julen Ruiz Aizpuru, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Julen Ruiz Aizpuru <jul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While the MLO server is still alive, is there a chance to import the
> TM too? Correct me if I'm wrong, but after the migration happened and
> as I experience it, the TM in Pontoon only includes the current state
> of translations in its DB, so it ends up being something similar to
> Transvision at the moment.

Pretty much. For example, there are 38704 approved translations and
41157 translation memory entries for Basque.

> I'm hoping this will improve over time as I translate more units,
> although the truth right now is that I'm finding myself translating
> units which I already did in the past (or they would be close to 90%+
> matches), however none of these show up as TM suggestions as I'd have
> expected.

It should improve over time as more translation are added. Pontoon
will show fuzzy matches with a levenshtein ratio of 70% or more.
However, strings longer than 255 bytes (~1%) are currently *not* being
returned.

> All in all, being able to import the TM from Pootle would be
> a very valuable resource and I hope something can be done to avoid
> losing it.

Apart from its internal TM, Pontoon also shows matches from
amagama-live.translatehouse.org. I believe its being fed from various
Pootle instances, including MLO.

In addition to that, I'll check if we have access to MLO TM via DB
dumps, in which case we can import it into Pontoon directly. I'll get
back to you as soon as I get this information.

Thanks,
Matjaž