Firefox snippets

Michal Stanke

Apr 29, 2018, 4:28:18 AM4/29/18
to dev-l10n
Hi.

I have realized today, when I saw English snippets in my Nightly, that
we didn't get any snippets for localization to Czech for a while. Is
that intentional removing Czech from the list?
--
Michal

Peiying Mo

May 9, 2018, 4:06:27 AM5/9/18
Hello Michal,

Apologize for the late reply. The request for Czech has not been consistent. At least in the last year, it was either all at once or every so often, but not every time. Also, each snippet runs between 4-7 days during a campaign and after that, they won't be rerun. I can check with the person in charge of this and get back to you.

Thank you,
Peiying

Michal Stanke

May 9, 2018, 10:08:20 AM5/9/18
to Peiying Mo, dev-l10n
Hi Peiying.

At some point we aimed for custom local snippets, but that initiative faded
out at some point. We may want to resurrect that again in the future, but
now being included in the set of languages for localizing common snippets
would be nice. We have had pretty nice reactions om Twitter and social
media. :)

Please let me know, if there are some conditions we need to meet first
before Czech can be included again.

--
Michal

pmo

May 9, 2018, 11:44:49 PM5/9/18
to Michal Stanke, dev-l10n
Hello Michal,

I heard back from the Snippet team, but she couldn't offer much of
explanation. This is due to the fact that she is new, and the people you
met at last all hands have either left or on personal leave. She simply
inherits what she is given. But she offers to follow up with us.

Alternatively, remember we had the discussion of offering local relevant
snippets. If there are snippets you like from the ones that offer other
locales, localize them and we can ask the snippets team to schedule them
for production push.

Thank you,

Peiying

On 5/9/18 7:07 AM, Michal Stanke wrote:
> Hi Peiying.
>
> At some point we aimed for custom local snippets, but that initiative
> faded out at some point. We may want to resurrect that again in the
> future, but now being included in the set of languages for localizing
> common snippets would be nice. We have had pretty nice reactions om
> Twitter and social media. :)
>
> Please let me know, if there are some conditions we need to meet first
> before Czech can be included again.
>
> --
> Michal
>
> Dne st 9. 5. 2018 10:10 uživatel Peiying Mo <p...@mozilla.com

Michal Stanke

May 18, 2018, 7:08:23 AM5/18/18
to Peiying Mo, dev-l10n
Thank you Peiying.

We have a list of custom snippets from the past, that we wanted to push. I
think it's time to revisit that list a prepare something cool for summer. ;)

--
Michal Stanke