Thunderbird Council Elections 2018 - Preliminary Electoral Roll

Jörg Knobloch

Feb 3, 2018, 6:39:34 PM2/3/18
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
Dear mailing list subscriber, dear Mozillian and friend of Thunderbird,

The next Thunderbird Council election is coming up. As in 2017, people
eligible to vote and to stand as candidates need to be on an electoral
roll. The conditions for being included haven't changed: Dedication to
the Thunderbird project as expressed by contributions. We suggest to
include people who over a two year timespan 2016-2017 have dedicated at
least 20 hours to the project.

Contribution can be any of the following: Triaging, fixing or reviewing
bugs, giving support on SUMO or other forums, localising, testing and
writing or reviewing add-ons, furthering the TB cause by constructive
contributions to TB planning, other contributions like public relations,
blog post, social media, artwork, etc. People working for Mozilla who
dedicate time to Thunderbird are also eligible.

This very simple rule will spare us any complicated metric, like, this
many patches submitted, this many BMO or SUMO comments written, author
of add-on with this many users, etc.

Since we already know the people who are dedicating time, their most
precious asset, to Thunderbird, I have prepared a preliminary electoral
roll. So far I have enrolled about 130 people, see
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Council_Elections_2018. Note that
new additions have a "(2018)" after their name.

*People who are not on the preliminary roll can contact me and ask to be
included, mentioning their contribution. The idea is not to make it hard
to be on the electoral roll.*

One comment: We'd like to include more localisers and people giving
support other in languages other than in English. If this message
reaches you and you want to be included, please get in touch.

Repeating: *Please self-nominate if I missed to include you!*

--
Jörg Knobloch
Thunderbird Developer (Thunderbird, Compose and Mailnews Editor and MIME peer) - Member of the Thunderbird Council