Focus for Android: dot release coming up, strings have landed

Delphine L

Jul 7, 2017, 2:54:09 PM7/7/17
to dev-l10n
Hello localizers,

Focus for Android is really a success right now. Such a success that upper
management has decided to deliver improvements and more features to users
sooner than later.

We're going to try to have a dot release ready by July 19th (please take
this date with a grain of salt - I'm letting you know because that's the
latest I heard and I want you all to be on the same page, but it could
still shift a bit).

Anyways, this has just come up and of course we want to support this effort
with localization :) Sebastian has just worked on a string export and there
is a good chance that this is the final batch of strings (TBD!) in view of
this release.

You can find the strings as usual on Pontoon [1] right now - and on Pootle
[2] by the next tick of the hour.

There are a total of:
Modified: 2 strings
New: 8 strings
Deleted: 0 strings

Deadline for l10n *work* and *testing*: no fixed deadline, bu let's keep
the current July 19th date in mind to have all translation and testing done
by then.

*Testing*
Screenshots will be provided for testing soon (need to sync-up with No-Jun
since people-mozilla is down now).

For those of you using BuddyBuild, you'll get updated builds every week. If
you want to be on a localized Buddybuild, reach out to me and I'll get you
plugged in.

*Sign-offs: changes*
(I've already announced this with Firefox for iOS, but since it's rather
new I want to call it out again here)

>From now on, for mobile app projects (so all except Firefox for Android),
we will be shipping all locales that:
- are at 100% complete translation with no remaining errors on the web
dashboard at l10n deadline,
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webstatus/?product=focus-android

- have no visible l10n errors upon review of the locale's screenshots
(e.g., significant truncation, text overflow, encoding, etc.) besides what
may have already been reported to the mobile team to correct.

We've realized the past process (ie. communities explicitly signing-off
within a bug for each locale) does not scale. We've also missed the
opportunity to ship locales that were good and ready to go because
localizers did not sign-off on time on their bug. With time, we've noticed
it is safe to ship completed locales, as localizers are generally diligent
in checking that their work looks good on screenshots, and otherwise filing
bugs to fix issues.

*Finding issues*

If you find any issues, please add :delphine to them (there's
no tracking bug at the moment).

As a reminder, Focus for Android-specific issues are currently filed here:
https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/focus-android/issues

As always, if you have any questions or comments, please let us know.

Thanks!

[1] https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/focus-for-android/
[2] https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/focus_android/

--
Delphine

Delphine L

Jul 12, 2017, 12:02:48 PM7/12/17
to dev-l10n
Here is the link to the screenshots!
https://npark-mozilla.github.io/index.html

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Delphine L <lebedel....@gmail.com>
wrote:
--
Delphine

Delphine L

Jul 12, 2017, 2:17:41 PM7/12/17
to dev-l10n
Woops - seems like the latest string import was done today but only
after the screenshots were generated.
This means that your latest changes aren't there yet. We'll get an
updated batch later today - hang in there!

Thanks Ogi for noticing and letting me now on irc ;)

cheers
delphine

--
Delphine

Delphine L

Jul 12, 2017, 8:29:57 PM7/12/17
to dev-l10n
Aaaaand... screenshots should have been fixed now!

thank you
--
Delphine

Delphine L

Jul 13, 2017, 7:25:04 PM7/13/17
to dev-l10n
Update!

We'll hand-in strings this *upcoming Monday* (July 17th - I'll update that
now in our tools). Looks like almost everyone is caught up at this point,
so I'm confident most locales will be ready by then.

This means that you should have also tested your work by Monday.

Latest updated screenshots are here: https://npark-mozilla.github.
io/index.html