Firefox L10n Report (Aurora 48)

Jeff Beatty

Apr 28, 2016, 3:58:46 PM4/28/16
to dev-l10n
Hello localizers!

Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 46 and 47. Here's an outline
of what is currently in Aurora this cycle (48) and what we accomplished
together last cycle:

*This cycle (Fx4**8**)*

* Key dates: *
- *Beta (47) *sign offs for *already shipping locales* must be
completed before *18 May*.
- *Aurora (48)* sign offs must be completed before *6 June*.

* String breakdown:*
- Approximately 239 new strings landed in *Firefox Aurora desktop*
and 48 for *Fennec Aurora (unshared)*.
- About 53% of the new strings in desktop are in devtools and DOM.
The rest are for the new Private Browsing window and other features. Also,
there will be a string freeze break to fix the localizability of the new
about:privatebrowsing window: make sure to test the page by opening a new
private browsing window. Please see
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/48.0a2/auroranotes/ for more info (to
be available soon).
- In Fennec Android, many of the new strings are related to the
preferences menu. Please see
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/android/48.0a2/auroranotes/ for more
info (to be available soon).

*Last cycle*

* Noteworthy events (46): *
- *77%* of all locales signed off on updates of Firefox 45 on
desktop. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last
cycle! This is an *14% increase* in locale coverage between Firefox 45 and
Firefox 46!
- *6280%* of all locales shipped signed off updates of Fennec 45 on
Android. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last
cycle! This is an *18% increase* in locale coverage between Fennec 45 and
Fennec 46.
- Despite the lower number of sign-offs, about *96%* of all l10n
communities contributed to making Firefox & Fennec 45 available in their
native languages. Thank you for your time and effort!
- The *Romansh* and *Maya Kaqchikel* localization teams launched
their first Mozilla localizations in Firefox for Android in version 46!
- The *Maya Kaqchikel* and *Latgalian* localization team will
launch their first localization of Firefox desktop in version 47!

Thank you to everyone for all of your dedication and hard work this
last sprint. As always, if you note anything missing in these reports,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Apr 30, 2016, 9:35:15 AM4/30/16
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 28/04/16 21.34, Jeff Beatty ha scritto:
> The rest are for the new Private Browsing window and other features. Also,
> there will be a string freeze break to fix the localizability of the new
> about:privatebrowsing window: make sure to test the page by opening a new
> private browsing window.
The string has landed in mozilla-aurora
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-aurora/diff/7c7a6fe3b94b/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/aboutPrivateBrowsing.dtd

Again: make sure to test your translation by opening a new private
window in Developer Edition.

Francesco