Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade

Leandro Regueiro

May 16, 2017, 2:23:36 PM5/16/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n
Hi,
We will be upgrading https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ server at 09:30
AM UTC 17 May 2017. We expect the upgrade to take less than 2 hours.

The reasons to upgrade are:

- Fix several issues
- Improve performance
- Deploy changes needed for Pootle FS
- Improve contact and report string error forms
- RTL fixes

We will send you an email once the upgrade is completed.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Thanks

Leandro Regueiro

May 17, 2017, 11:25:06 AM5/17/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n
Hi again,
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ has been successfully upgraded. It was
a long and demanding upgrade, but a great deal of issues are fixed,
and future upgrades will be much more fast. Sorry for the long
downtime.

We will keep translations synchronization disabled until tomorrow when
we will enable project by project after making sure everything works
ok.

If you find any issue with Pootle please let us know as soon as
possible at https://gitter.im/translate/mozilla

Thanks

Leandro Regueiro

May 17, 2017, 11:32:17 AM5/17/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Leandro Regueiro
Hi again,
of course you can translate all you want despite translations
synchronization is disabled. All translations will sync tomorrow.

Thanks

அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar)

May 17, 2017, 11:36:34 AM5/17/17
to Leandro Regueiro, Francesco Lodolo [:flod], Jeff Beatty, dev-l10n, &#2990, &#3018, &#2970, &#3007, &#2994, &#3021, &#2994, &#3006, &#2980, &#2990, &#3007, &#2996, &#3021,
Hi Flod/Jeff/All,

We need explanation from L10n drivers.

One kind request to upgrade and maintenance team fro L10n. Every-time, the
translation scores getting flushed out or reset to lower numbers. which is
not acceptable.

The efforts made by by L10n members loses his credits over the period or
long run. It is not acceptable as a contributor. It has serious impact to
all the contributors. You are de-motivates us.

It is not happening for first time, almost more than 3 times happened in
the past.

Please do re-store old statistics along with scores.

Thanks & Regards
Arun

ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ
அன்புடன்
அருண்
நுட்பம் நம்மொழியில் தழைக்கச் செய்வோம்
http://thangamaniarun.wordpress.com
ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ

> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM, Leandro Regueiro
> <leandro....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We will be upgrading https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ server at 09:30
> > AM UTC 17 May 2017. We expect the upgrade to take less than 2 hours.
> >
> > The reasons to upgrade are:
> >
> > - Fix several issues
> > - Improve performance
> > - Deploy changes needed for Pootle FS
> > - Improve contact and report string error forms
> > - RTL fixes
> >

> > We will send you an email once the upgrade is completed.
> >
> > Our apologies for the inconveniences.
>
> Hi again,
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ has been successfully upgraded. It was
> a long and demanding upgrade, but a great deal of issues are fixed,
> and future upgrades will be much more fast. Sorry for the long
> downtime.
>
> We will keep translations synchronization disabled until tomorrow when
> we will enable project by project after making sure everything works
> ok.
>
> If you find any issue with Pootle please let us know as soon as
> possible at https://gitter.im/translate/mozilla
>

> Thanks

Dwayne Bailey

May 17, 2017, 12:09:08 PM5/17/17
to அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar), Leandro Regueiro, dev-l10n, Francesco Lodolo [:flod], Jeff Beatty, &#2990, &#3018, &#2970, &#3007, &#2994, &#3021, &#2994, &#3006, &#2980, &#2990, &#3007, &#2996, &#3021,
Hi Arun,

Let me give some more info that hopefully will put your mind at ease and
explain some of the rationale

tl;dr; historic scores will be back, graphs too. Just not today. Relative
leaderboard positions should be unchanged.

We've been working on scores addressing two issues: performance and some
shortcomings in the scoring system

A note on the scores, we've slightly adjusted the calculation to focus on
current activity and to limit the impact of bad suggestions. Good work is
still rewarded but suggestions only after they have been accepted. This
was to eliminate a source of score gaming, I don't think that impacts you
though. We're not sure how it will impact users who can only make
suggestions.

We have complete historic data, so when we adjust the scoring system we
rescore across the whole site. This means your relative position/score
should be unchanged. This is actually the first time we've recalculated
score with a new algorithm. So historically we've never actually reset the
total score.

The leaderboards have always been a 30 day score, so nothing has changed
there. We don't reset scores, the leaderboard has simply always worked on
30 days, so older work is not counted. I think the 30 day window is
important to give newcomers a chance to shine which we hope is encouraging
to those who are new to a team. So we'd like to keep that as it is for
that reason.

The all time score on your user page and on your login was really
expensive, we'd like to bring it back but we need work on reducing its cost
to the server. You might want to look at your user page, we'll be bringing
back graphs and an activity streams there, which will bring something like
the old graphs, just better. The all time score should come back here once
we work out a way to reduce its cost.

Hope that helps clarify things and explain some of our rationale.

On 17 May 2017 at 16:35, அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar) <thanga...@gmail.com>
wrote:
--
Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)

Leandro Regueiro

May 18, 2017, 11:15:05 AM5/18/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Leandro Regueiro
<leandro....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Leandro Regueiro
> <leandro....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM, Leandro Regueiro
>> <leandro....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> We will be upgrading https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ server at 09:30
>>> AM UTC 17 May 2017. We expect the upgrade to take less than 2 hours.
>>>
>>> The reasons to upgrade are:
>>>
>>> - Fix several issues
>>> - Improve performance
>>> - Deploy changes needed for Pootle FS
>>> - Improve contact and report string error forms
>>> - RTL fixes
>>>

>>> We will send you an email once the upgrade is completed.
>>>
>>> Our apologies for the inconveniences.
>>
>> Hi again,
>> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ has been successfully upgraded. It was
>> a long and demanding upgrade, but a great deal of issues are fixed,
>> and future upgrades will be much more fast. Sorry for the long
>> downtime.
>>
>> We will keep translations synchronization disabled until tomorrow when
>> we will enable project by project after making sure everything works
>> ok.
>>
>> If you find any issue with Pootle please let us know as soon as
>> possible at https://gitter.im/translate/mozilla
>
> Hi again,
> of course you can translate all you want despite translations
> synchronization is disabled. All translations will sync tomorrow.

Hi everybody,
Automatic translations synchronization is enabled back. All pending
translations have been already synchronized.

Thanks

அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar)

May 19, 2017, 4:45:53 AM5/19/17
to Dwayne Bailey, Leandro Regueiro, dev-l10n, Francesco Lodolo [:flod], Jeff Beatty, &#2990, &#3018, &#2970, &#3007, &#2994, &#3021, &#2994, &#3006, &#2980, &#2990, &#3007, &#2996, &#3021,
Hi Dawyne,

Thanks for your clear extensive explanation and appreciate your time.

I agree, we need to encourage the new-comers by providing 30 days score on
the dashboard.

It would be better, if you consider enabling Total Score without historical
data.

Thanks & Regards
Arun

ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ
அன்புடன்
அருண்
நுட்பம் நம்மொழியில் தழைக்கச் செய்வோம்
http://thangamaniarun.wordpress.com
ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ

>> > Hi again,
>> > https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ has been successfully upgraded. It was
>> > a long and demanding upgrade, but a great deal of issues are fixed,
>> > and future upgrades will be much more fast. Sorry for the long
>> > downtime.
>> >
>> > We will keep translations synchronization disabled until tomorrow when
>> > we will enable project by project after making sure everything works
>> > ok.
>> >
>> > If you find any issue with Pootle please let us know as soon as
>> > possible at https://gitter.im/translate/mozilla

Leandro Regueiro

May 20, 2017, 7:04:43 AM5/20/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n
Hi,
We will be upgrading https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ server at 11:45
AM UTC 20 May 2017. We expect the upgrade to take less than 15
minutes.

The reasons to upgrade are:

- Enable back amaGama,
- Deploy minor fixes,
- Get newer Pootle translations.

We will send you an email once the upgrade is completed.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Bye

Leandro Regueiro

May 20, 2017, 8:05:45 AM5/20/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n
Hi again,
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ has been successfully upgraded.

Leandro Regueiro

May 22, 2017, 8:51:18 AM5/22/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n
Hi,
We will be upgrading https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ server at 13:30
PM UTC 22 May 2017 (in 40 minutes from now). We expect the upgrade to
take less than 15 minutes.

The reasons to upgrade are:

- Improve performance of dropdowns.

We will send you an email once the upgrade is completed.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Thanks

Leandro Regueiro

May 22, 2017, 9:47:27 AM5/22/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n

Leandro Regueiro

May 30, 2017, 10:58:53 AM5/30/17
to Firefox Pootle Tech Team, dev-l10n
Hi,
We will be upgrading https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ server at 15:30
PM UTC 30 May 2017 (in 32 minutes from now). We expect the upgrade to
take less than 20 minutes.

The reasons to upgrade are:

- Minor performance improvements,
- Updated translations.

We will send you an email once the upgrade is completed.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Thanks

Leandro Regueiro

May 30, 2017, 11:55:14 AM5/30/17