Focus (Android/iOS) and Firefox iOS On Device Testing

Delphine L

Nov 28, 2017, 3:26:06 PM11/28/17
to dev-l10n
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to send a reminder about how you can test your l10n work
on device for Focus (Android/iOS) and Firefox iOS.

* Focus Android (requires an Android device): we currently have test
builds sent out on Tuesdays and Fridays via Buddybuild emails. Please
get in contact with me if you want to be added. We could theoretically
send these out every day, but it's a pain having to each time open up
an email and download a new build. If in the future I gather enough
requests to get these more often, then we can reconsider how often
they get sent out. Having said that, I recently heard that hopefully
in 2018, this process will be much simpler and via Google Play
automatic updates. Fingers crossed!

* Focus iOS (requires an iOS device running v9+): right now it's every
Friday. Same thing, please get in contact with me to be added. Once we
get string imports more frequently, we could get builds more
frequently out too. Once again, stay tuned!

* Firefox iOS (requires an iOS device running v9+): you have 2 options for this.
Either you get a beta build here:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ios/testflight
Or if you want to get Nightly builds, let me know and I'll ask St3fan
to add you.

I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know if at any point you
stop getting updates, so that we can resolve it right away!

Also, in case of any doubt on all this (or anything related to your
l10n tasks) - and other possible methods for testing across products
(screenshots) - you can check out this handy documentation here that
should cover it all (and if there are things missing feel free to let
us know or file a pull request):
https://mozilla-l10n.github.io/localizer-documentation/

Thanks everyone!
--
Delphine

Eduardo Trápani

Nov 28, 2017, 3:33:55 PM11/28/17
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi!

I'd like to be added to those Buddybuild emails.

You know where I test the Android stuff? On the Flatfish tablet :).

I don't have Google Play, so for me that's good.

For iOS I'll keep on using screenshots.

Thanks Delphine!

Delphine L

Nov 28, 2017, 5:14:44 PM11/28/17
to dev-l10n
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Delphine L <lebedel....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just wanted to send a reminder about how you can test your l10n work
> on device for Focus (Android/iOS) and Firefox iOS.
>
> * Focus Android (requires an Android device): we currently have test
> builds sent out on Tuesdays and Fridays via Buddybuild emails. Please
> get in contact with me if you want to be added. We could theoretically
> send these out every day, but it's a pain having to each time open up
> an email and download a new build. If in the future I gather enough
> requests to get these more often, then we can reconsider how often
> they get sent out. Having said that, I recently heard that hopefully
> in 2018, this process will be much simpler and via Google Play
> automatic updates. Fingers crossed!

BTW forgot to remind about this... but there are also beta builds for
Focus Android, available on the Play Store (just scroll down once
you're on the page to register). The difference is that the ones sent
twice a week are more of a "Nightly" version and come out more often.
So more useful for localization needs.

--
Delphine