Firefox iOS Screenshots 2017-09-7 (Deadline coming up!)

Stefan Arentz

Sep 8, 2017, 8:28:34 AM9/8/17
to dev-l10n, firefox-ios-dev
Hi everyone,

Here are the screenshots for Firefox for iOS:

http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/

Let us know if there are any errors that need to be addressed.

Just looking at the text clipping that happened for French on the intro
slide about Sync, it looks like that fits well now on our smallest device,
the iPhone SE.

http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/fr/fr/iPhone%20SE-01Intro-5.png

Please check your own locale and see if it looks good there too.

Please note that we took these screenshots on the master branch, which has
one additional string that we did not actually exported: "Recommended by
Pocket". Don't worry about this string, it won't be in the v9.x release. We
will export it soon for the 10.0 release.

S.

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Sep 8, 2017, 8:49:37 AM9/8/17
to Stefan Arentz, dev-l10n, firefox-ios-dev
At least Italian and French are cut in this one
http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/fr/fr/iPhone%20SE-04Settings-TrackingProtection.png

I can't tell from the screenshots if scrolling down would show the
"Strict" option and description

Private tab command is cut in Italian, and I'm not sure there's a lot I
can do to shorten it
http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/it/it/iPhone%20SE-18TopSitesMenu-01.png

German has problem with another label in the same menu
http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/de/de/iPhone%20SE-18TopSitesMenu-01.png

Text dangerously overlaps the breadcrumbs (not sure how it's called…),
even if there's plenty of space to work with
http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/it/it/iPhone%20SE-Intro-1.png

Francesco

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here are the screenshots for Firefox for iOS:
>
> http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/
> <http://wopr.norad.org/%7Esarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/>
>
> Let us know if there are any errors that need to be addressed.
>

> Just looking at the text clipping that happened for French on the
> intro slide about Sync, it looks like that fits well now on our
> smallest device, the iPhone SE.
>
> http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/fr/fr/iPhone%20SE-01Intro-5.png
> <http://wopr.norad.org/%7Esarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/fr/fr/iPhone%20SE-01Intro-5.png>
>
> Please check your own locale and see if it looks good there too.
>

> Please note that we took these screenshots on the master branch, which
> has one additional string that we did not actually exported:
> "Recommended by Pocket". Don't worry about this string, it won't be in
> the v9.x release. We will export it soon for the 10.0 release.
>
>  S.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.com/d/msgid/firefox-ios-dev/CAKyLfD7TnbX%3Dw28o7SAJsM0OfmdkzGdcYt-PMXx%2BKJ3f4T%3Dk2g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.com/d/msgid/firefox-ios-dev/CAKyLfD7TnbX%3Dw28o7SAJsM0OfmdkzGdcYt-PMXx%2BKJ3f4T%3Dk2g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Rhoslyn Prys

Sep 8, 2017, 2:45:40 PM9/8/17
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
As with Flod's comments, the Welsh has issues with:

TrackingProtection -
http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/cy/cy/iPhone%20SE-04Settings-TrackingProtection.png
- not being able to see if all the content is all there under the
"Strict" option.

In Top Sites Menu -
http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/cy/cy/iPhone%20SE-18TopSitesMenu-01.png
- Agor mewn Tab Preifat Newydd is cropped to Agor mewn Tab Preifat
New... It's understandable but an issue.

The same occurs at:

http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/cy/cy/iPhone%20SE-19HistoryTableContextMenu-01.png

http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/cy/cy/iPhone%20SE-20BookmarksTableContextMenu-01.png

Some instances of missing accents which I've corrected, otherwise good.
Thanks for the pics.

Rhos

Stefan Arentz

Sep 12, 2017, 3:21:38 PM9/12/17
to Francesco Lodolo [:flod], dev-l10n, firefox-ios-dev
New screenshots coming up tomorrow.

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] <
flo...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> At least Italian and French are cut in this one
> http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/fr/fr/iPhone%20SE-
> 04Settings-TrackingProtection.png
>

> I can't tell from the screenshots if scrolling down would show the
> "Strict" option and description

This has been fixed.

> Private tab command is cut in Italian, and I'm not sure there's a lot I
> can do to shorten it
> http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/it/it/iPhone%20SE-
> 18TopSitesMenu-01.png
>
> German has problem with another label in the same menu
> http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/de/de/iPhone%20SE-
> 18TopSitesMenu-01.png

These should all be good now. We re-ran screenshots for the menus and they
look good in all locales. Text now shrinks to fit.

> Text dangerously overlaps the breadcrumbs (not sure how it's called…),
> even if there's plenty of space to work with
> http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots-170907/it/it/iPhone%20SE-
> Intro-1.png

Unfortunately this will not be fixed until 9.1.

S.