New Test Pilot experiments

Michal Stanke

Mar 2, 2017, 12:56:48 PM3/2/17
to dev-l10n
Hi.

I have noticed new experiments (Snooze Tabs, Pulse and Containers) are
not available on Czech https://testpilot.firefox.com/. Is this the same
for all languages? Is it because of localization of the website, add-ons
or all the experiments are targeting only limited audience for some reason?

Cheers,
--
Michal

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Mar 2, 2017, 1:02:40 PM3/2/17
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 02/03/17 18.56, Michal Stanke ha scritto:
They were restricted to English since strings were exposed only hours
before the push to production.
https://github.com/mozilla/testpilot/commit/3e04949731ad80d2a9837cea094a44f48c3f89f8

Hopefully they will be reenabled on next push to production (I'll
investigate).

Francesco

Fjoerfoks

Mar 2, 2017, 2:38:17 PM3/2/17
to Francesco Lodolo [:flod], dev-l10n
Hi,

Is there a way to switch the locale besides changing local settings of
Firefox?
There is no local code in the address.

Wim

Francesco Lodolo

Mar 2, 2017, 2:45:25 PM3/2/17
to dev-l10n
No, there currently isn't a way to switch locale on the website (not
even sure if there's an issue filed for that, filed one just in case
https://github.com/mozilla/testpilot/issues/2271).

In the meantime I've filed a PR to enable these 3 experiments on
locales that are at 100%, unfortunately it won't be available in
production until Mar 13.

Francesco

Michal Stanke

Mar 2, 2017, 2:46:56 PM3/2/17
to Fjoerfoks, dev-l10n, Francesco Lodolo
You can change it via JS console, but that only changes the strings
localization and only for the single page, no content nor the experiments
list.

It's something like
document.l10n.requestLanguages(['your-locale-code'])

--
Michal Stanke

Dne 2. 3. 2017 8:38 odpoledne napsal uživatel "Fjoerfoks" <

droid...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2017, 9:41:54 AM3/6/17
ah then i know why, guess thats the case for Swedish too?