Typo or new word in aboutSupport.properties?

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez

May 15, 2016, 3:05:37 PM5/15/16

I've stumbled with two strings using "blocklisted" in
aboutSupport.properties:

https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/default/toolkit/locales/en-US/chrome/global/aboutSupport.properties#l76

Neither in wordreference.com nor running a general search I've found
that word. It could be that the word is misspelled and the author
intended to use "blacklisted", or perhaps (as understood by Italian
localizers) the correct word should have been "blocked".

Or maybe there is a new word not yet recognized by dictionaries? :-)

TIA

--
Proyecto NAVE (Mozilla es-ES Localization Team)
Mozilla Hispano Community

Francesco Lodolo

May 15, 2016, 7:23:45 PM5/15/16
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
I assume it's not a typo: we have "block lists" in the browser (without a
space), this sound like an adaption of that (block list -> blocklist -> to
blocklist -> blocklisted).

Google also finds quite a few results (~18k).

Personally I simply chose to use "blocked", otherwise the explanation would
become way too long.

Francesco