Making unreviewed suggestions discoverable in Pontoon

Matjaz Horvat

Jun 21, 2018, 7:50:52 AM6/21/18
to dev-l10n
Hi,

Last year we introduced a new review process in Pontoon with the
ability to reject suggestions. Being able to separate unreviewed
suggestions from approved and rejected ones allowed us to finally
filter out suggestions in need of a review.

You can read more about those changes on the l10n blog:
https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/08/10/making-unreviewed-suggestions-easier-to-find/

Today, we're shipping the final piece of puzzle in making unreviewed
suggestions truly discoverable - we're exposing them on dashboards.
We're also getting rid of the misleading Suggested count, which didn't
include suggestions to Translated strings. Suggested strings will be
treated as Missing from now on - as they are in the product.

To make Unreviewed suggestions stand out even more, we're also
introducing a new sortable Unreviewed suggestions column in
dashboards. It's represented by a lightbulb, which will be painted
blue if unreviewed suggestions are present.

See how it looks in action:
https://screenshots.firefox.com/rL9EaI1BLKneOHul/mozilla-pontoon-staging.herokuapp.com

Please note that the unreviewed suggestions counts are currently being
calculated, which can take up to an hour. If you'll look at the
dashboards before the calculation is done, you might find them to be
off. The filters should work OK, though.

A huge shout-out to Adrian Gaudebert, who contributed this important feature!

Cheers,
Matjaž

அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar)

Jun 21, 2018, 7:58:13 AM6/21/18
to Matjaz Horvat, dev-l10n
Hi

Much appreciated enhancement and timely needed for reviewers.

வியா., 21 ஜூன், 2018, 19:50க்கு, Matjaz Horvat <mat...@mozilla.com>
எழுதியது:

Maykon Chagas

Jun 21, 2018, 8:10:57 AM6/21/18
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Matjz and Pontoon Dev Team,

The only thing I would express is, WOOOOOOOOOW AWESOME feature!

The latest L10n blog report is focused on review unreviewed suggestions,
which is a hard work, with small crew and a batch of string from one and
other localizer, this feature could improve the work to review the strings!.

Thanks for your awesome work, and special thanks to Adrian!

Cheers,
--
Maykon Chagas
On behalf of L10n pt-BR Team

Helping to keep the Internet healthy, open and accessible to all.

Michal Stanke

Jun 21, 2018, 10:14:48 AM6/21/18
to Maykon Chagas, dev-l10n
Hi.

Great work!

Just a note about Pontoon Tools, if you use it. I have resumed the
development and it will catch up with the changes in Pontoon during this
weekend.

--
Michal

Dne čt 21. 6. 2018 14:10 uživatel Maykon Chagas <mch...@mozillabr.org>

Artem Polivanchuk

Jun 21, 2018, 10:34:00 AM6/21/18
to dev-l10n
That’s unbelievable, I found 3-year old unreviewed suggestions o_O

Great!

Artem
Sent from mobile

Eduardo Trápani

Jun 21, 2018, 4:44:46 PM6/21/18
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Great! That was so much needed ... Thanks to the Pontoon development team!

Richard Alexander von Moltke Necochea

Jun 21, 2018, 8:24:09 PM6/21/18
to Eduardo Trápani, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
I loved this, thank you Pontoon team.
I just solved some typos that I didn't knew about. They had suggestions for
more than 4 or 8 months!

Saludos,
Richard von Moltke

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru

Jun 22, 2018, 3:08:28 AM6/22/18
to dev-l10n
> Hi,
>
> Last year we introduced a new review process in Pontoon with the
> ability to reject suggestions. Being able to separate unreviewed
> suggestions from approved and rejected ones allowed us to finally
> filter out suggestions in need of a review.

Thanks for enabling the feature and bringing these up to our attention!

One thing I noticed while going through some of the unreviewed
suggestions is that the backend accepts identical suggestions for the
same string [1]. Wouldn't it make sense to disallow these in the first
place? Reviewing time would be saved.

Julen.

[1] Example at https://pontoon.mozilla.org/eu/firefox/all-resources/?string=174902

Matjaz Horvat

Jun 22, 2018, 8:01:01 AM6/22/18
to Julen Ruiz Aizpuru, dev-l10n
Hi,

Identical suggestions are generally not allowed. You can try
submitting another one in the example you sent and it won't be
allowed.

Cases like this are a relic of the past, caused by a bug which should
be fixed now. So there shouldn't be many of them.

If you feel like there are, we can look into automatically rejecting
one of the dupes.

-Matjaž

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru

Jun 22, 2018, 5:53:47 PM6/22/18
to dev-l10n
> Hi,
>
> Identical suggestions are generally not allowed. You can try
> submitting another one in the example you sent and it won't be
> allowed.
>
> Cases like this are a relic of the past, caused by a bug which should
> be fixed now. So there shouldn't be many of them.

Yeah I saw the "Same translation already exists" message before and
was unable to produce a duplicate myself. Although, as you might
imagine I was a bit confused to come across the example I pointed out
earlier. So thanks for the clarifications, now it makes sense.

(And perhaps disabling the "Save" button when the string hasn't been
changed wrt. the current translation wouldn't be bad.)

Julen.