Webdashboard doesn’t update

Michael 'Coce' Köhler

Jun 22, 2016, 3:06:57 PM6/22/16

Me again. Even though I made an update to AMO strings earlier today, the
webdashboard and webstatus pages
<https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webstatus/?locale=de> don’t seem to
update. Is there simply an issue with the webdashboard itself, or was
there trouble getting my new translations checked in?

Thanks,

Michael

Francesco Lodolo

Jun 22, 2016, 3:28:24 PM6/22/16
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
There are errors in the German file that make the dashboard choke. I need
to figure out why the script is dying instead of reporting errors.

Francesco

Michael 'Coce' Köhler

Jun 22, 2016, 3:30:39 PM6/22/16
Thanks Francesco, I guess there’s a chance my checkin from this morning
made a mess. :-/ Sorry about that.

Michael

Francesco Lodolo

Jun 22, 2016, 3:38:07 PM6/22/16
to Michael 'Coce' Köhler, Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Don't be, I'm looking at the file and I don't think you did anything wrong.
If I try to save the file in POEdit, I get two errors for missing variables
in plural forms, and I guess those come from English.

Would be worth to figure it out with developers.

Francesco

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Jun 22, 2016, 4:19:20 PM6/22/16
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Correction. I get those errors in POEdit, but my script dies on line 1893
https://github.com/mozilla/addons-server/blob/master/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/django.po#L1893

Syntax error in po file addons-server/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/django.po
(line 1893): unescaped double quote found

Will work on exposing that in the dashboard tomorrow.

Francesco

Michael 'Coce' Köhler

Jun 23, 2016, 6:50:07 AM6/23/16
Thanks Francesco,

After changing the relevant string (looks like the error was mine after
all) Web Status seems to think all is well again.

Michael

https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webstatus/?locale=de