Update on TabCenter experiment: deadline is this Thursday

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Nov 21, 2016, 2:03:26 PM11/21/16
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Hi,
If you want to ship your localization with the next version of
TabCenter, make sure to complete the translation before next Thursday
(Nov 24). The update should ship early next week.

There's no fixed release schedule for this experiment, so it's not set
when the next update will be shipping. For this reason it would be great
to test the add-on following the instructions available in the
repository before the deadline:
https://github.com/bwinton/TabCenter/blob/master/README.md

Unfortunately it won't be possible to expose all localizations for the
Test Pilot website in production – the only locales ready for this cycle
were de, it, zh-CN as of last Thursday – so the tour won't be localized
for other languages.

Test Pilot's development cycle is based on 2 weeks sprint, cut-off
happens on Thursday and deployment on the following Tuesday. Sadly we're
in the middle of holidays (Thanksgiving next week), and traveling
(Mozilla All Hands on Dec 5-9), so there won't be another deployment to
production until the middle of December.

I didn't have this information before today, so I failed to communicate
clearly these deadlines, and I'm really sorry that happened. I'm also
discussing with developers to identify ways to ship localization updates
faster than every 2 weeks.

Francesco