mozilla.org translation - Kabyle localization

Belkacem Mohammed

Nov 24, 2016, 1:57:32 PM11/24/16
Some names of some months in Kabyle localization of mozilla.org are wrong.
I searched for these strings on pontoon and pootle but can't find them.

I don't know from where these strings are retrieved (month names). Someone can help?

M. Belkacem.
Kabyle localizer

Francesco Lodolo

Nov 24, 2016, 2:02:30 PM11/24/16
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
Can you point to a specific example?

They might come from external libraries, in which case there's no way
to fix them.

Francesco

P.S. the right mailing list for web projects is dev-l10n-web
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n-web

Francesco Lodolo

Nov 24, 2016, 2:19:13 PM11/24/16
to Mozilla l10n Mailing List
One plausible source is CLDR
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/charts/30/summary/kab.html#1172

And I see differences between translation in Firefox and these for
some of the months (e.g. November: Nunembeṛ vs Wambeṛ)

Francesco

> Can you point to a specific example?
>
> They might come from external libraries, in which case there's no way
> to fix them.
>
> Francesco
>
> P.S. the right mailing list for web projects is dev-l10n-web
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n-web

Belkacem Mohammed

Nov 24, 2016, 2:45:51 PM11/24/16
In https://www-dev.allizom.org/kab/internet-health/ we can see Nunembeṛ for November. The word used in Kabyle (schools and universities) is Wamber.
I will be in touch with acamedicians at the university and see what form to use.
Actually, three forms are used in Kabylie (schools and universities).

Michael Bauer

Nov 24, 2016, 3:44:56 PM11/24/16
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Mohammed,

If they are wrong (it might get more tricky if they are just a different
convention) I can probably give you some pointers about how to fix the
CLDR data.

Michael

Sgrìobh Francesco Lodolo na leanas 24/11/2016 aig 19:19:

Belkacem Mohammed

Nov 24, 2016, 5:06:30 PM11/24/16
Thanks Michael,
I sent an email to unicode. I have also to change and add more strings there.