Two new strings for Firefox Hello Standalone now in verbatim

Mark Banner

Apr 14, 2015, 9:39:04 AM4/14/15
Hi All,

We've just added a couple of new strings to the Firefox Hello standalone
app. They are now in verbatim and are ready for you to localise.

Its a little way off until they'll be used with release versions of
Firefox, but we wanted to give you all plenty of time as they are ready.

Deadline: 12 June.

Updated Words: 37

Verbatim:
https://localize.mozilla.org/projects/loop/

Mark.

Artem Polivanchuk

Apr 14, 2015, 3:12:48 PM4/14/15
Hi!
Just translated and tried to push (uk), but run into error.
error: 'commit' is not possible because you have unmerged files.

How it could be fixed?

Emin Mastizada

Apr 14, 2015, 3:27:45 PM4/14/15
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
someone changed file before you, you need to merge current version with
your local one.

For git, use git merge origin master if there is master branch for that
repo.

*Emin Mastizada*

/Computer Engineering @ Istanbul Technical University
Mozilla Representative @ Mozilla
Software Developer @ Emlaktown
+90 539 932 6639
http://www.mastizada.com/

Стоян Димитров

Apr 14, 2015, 3:41:31 PM4/14/15
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
I suspect Artem is talking about Verbatim. I run in to the same error.
It is a viscous cycle:
When update
> Failed to update from version control: [GIT] pull failed (['git',
> '--git-dir',
> u'/data/www/localize.mozilla.org/verbatim/pootle_env/Pootle-git/l10n_github_repos/loop/.git',
> 'pull']): Pull is not possible because you have unmerged files.
> Please, fix them up in the work tree, and then use 'git add/rm ' as
> appropriate to mark resolution, or use 'git commit -a'.

When commit
> Failed to commit to version control: [GIT] commit of
> ('/data/www/localize.mozilla.org/verbatim/pootle_env/Pootle-git/l10n_github_repos/loop',
> 'l10n') failed: error: 'commit' is not possible because you have
> unmerged files. hint: Fix them up in the work tree, hint: and then use
> 'git add/rm ' as hint: appropriate to mark resolution and make a
> commit, hint: or use 'git commit -a'. fatal: Exiting because of an
> unresolved conflict.
Ah, those pootle old versions.

На 14.04.2015 г. в 22:27, Emin Mastizada написа:
> someone changed file before you, you need to merge current version with
> your local one.
>
> For git, use git merge origin master if there is master branch for that
> repo.

Artem Polivanchuk

Apr 15, 2015, 1:26:07 AM4/15/15
вівторок, 14 квітня 2015 р. 22:41:31 UTC+3 користувач Стоян Димитров написав:
> I suspect Artem is talking about Verbatim. I run in to the same error.

Yes, i meant commit to VCS from Verbatim.

But now my changes was succesfully commited :)

Fjoerfoks

Apr 15, 2015, 2:24:59 AM4/15/15
to dev-l10n
I get the same error on Verbatim.
First I update from VCS to be sure, then translate (11 words left, like
iOS, Windows Phone, etc.)
and try to Commit to VCS. Then I get the error Failed to commit to version
control: [GIT] no changes to commit
This is for Frisian (fy-NL).

Anything else to resolve this?

Thanks,
Wim

Matjaz Horvat

Apr 15, 2015, 4:13:23 AM4/15/15
to Fjoerfoks, dev-l10n
Wim, your files were out of date, you can continue with translation now.

For .properties files, Verbatim commits untranslated strings as equal to
originals and thus shows equal strings (like iOS) as untranslated.

To avoid issues with that and with VCS, you can request your locale to be
added to Firefox Hello (loop) on Pontoon, which syncs with VCS
automatically:
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-hello/

-Matjaž

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Fjoerfoks <fryske...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I get the same error on Verbatim.
> First I update from VCS to be sure, then translate (11 words left, like
> iOS, Windows Phone, etc.)
> and try to Commit to VCS. Then I get the error Failed to commit to version
> control: [GIT] no changes to commit
> This is for Frisian (fy-NL).
>
> Anything else to resolve this?
>
> Thanks,
> Wim

Fjoerfoks

Apr 15, 2015, 5:25:20 AM4/15/15
to dev-l10n
Hi Matjaž,

Thanks it's updated now.
I thought it would be updated if I did an Update from VCS, seems logical to
me.
How come the files got uotdated and how can I fix this myself?

Wim

> Wim, your files were out of date, you can continue with translation now.
>
> For .properties files, Verbatim commits untranslated strings as equal to
> originals and thus shows equal strings (like iOS) as untranslated.
>
> To avoid issues with that and with VCS, you can request your locale to be
> added to Firefox Hello (loop) on Pontoon, which syncs with VCS
> automatically:
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-hello/
>
> -Matjaž
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Fjoerfoks <fryske...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I get the same error on Verbatim.
>> First I update from VCS to be sure, then translate (11 words left, like
>> iOS, Windows Phone, etc.)
>> and try to Commit to VCS. Then I get the error Failed to commit to version
>> control: [GIT] no changes to commit
>> This is for Frisian (fy-NL).
>>
>> Anything else to resolve this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Wim

Matjaz Horvat

Apr 15, 2015, 5:28:07 AM4/15/15
to Fjoerfoks, dev-l10n
You just run "Update against templates". Not sure why it happened.

-Matjaž

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Fjoerfoks <fryske...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matjaž,
>
> Thanks it's updated now.
> I thought it would be updated if I did an Update from VCS, seems logical to
> me.
> How come the files got uotdated and how can I fix this myself?
>
> Wim

> > Wim, your files were out of date, you can continue with translation now.
> >
> > For .properties files, Verbatim commits untranslated strings as equal to
> > originals and thus shows equal strings (like iOS) as untranslated.
> >
> > To avoid issues with that and with VCS, you can request your locale to be
> > added to Firefox Hello (loop) on Pontoon, which syncs with VCS
> > automatically:
> > https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-hello/
> >
> > -Matjaž
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Fjoerfoks <fryske...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I get the same error on Verbatim.
> >> First I update from VCS to be sure, then translate (11 words left, like
> >> iOS, Windows Phone, etc.)
> >> and try to Commit to VCS. Then I get the error Failed to commit to
> version
> >> control: [GIT] no changes to commit
> >> This is for Frisian (fy-NL).
> >>
> >> Anything else to resolve this?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Wim

> >:

Jørgen Rasmussen

Apr 15, 2015, 4:29:06 PM4/15/15
Hi

I just uploaded and committed the Danish translation to Mozilla
Verbatim. I got the this error message:

Failed to commit to version control: [GIT] push of
('/data/www/localize.mozilla.org/verbatim/pootle_env/Pootle-git/l10n_github_repos/loop',
'l10n') failed: To g...@github.com:mozilla/loop-client-l10n.git !
[rejected] master -> master (non-fast-forward) error: failed to push
some refs to 'g...@github.com:mozilla/loop-client-l10n.git' hint: Updates
were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind hint: its
remote counterpart. Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull') hint:
before pushing again. hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git
push --help' for details.
--
Regards JR

Matjaz Horvat

Apr 15, 2015, 5:15:17 PM4/15/15
to Jørgen Rasmussen, dev-l10n
I had to manually kick it, it's committed now.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Jørgen Rasmussen <joer...@stofanet.dk>