[Needs Action] iOS: Focus app available for localization

delphine

Jan 4, 2017, 2:36:17 PM1/4/17
Hello localizers!

I recently started a thread on dev.l10n.web about the App Store content for Focus localization[1].

This is now information concerning the Focus app[2] localization, since the project has now been enabled and strings exposed for work.

L10N Deadline: 26 January

We have exposed strings for 2.0 (version already shipping), plus some of the strings for 2.1 (the version we're targeting for localization). Missing strings for 2.1 will be added in the next days, hopefully later this week.

Localization for the app is available through Pontoon[3] and GitHub[4]. Localization should be possible on Pootle too, we're waiting for the team to set it up. We'll send an update to the mailing list as soon as we know more.

If you want to localize this project on Pontoon, please request the project through Pontoon's interface (+REQUEST button in your locale's dashboard). If applicable, App Store content will be added as well. If you prefer to work on Pootle, please wait a few more days for an update.

You can check status of your work here: https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webstatus/?product=focus-ios

Testing: Screenshots of the app, like it happens for Firefox for iOS, will be made available by iOS team for testing and you will be notified here.

This is an opt-in project but we do have is a list of required locales that the mobile team has requested. These are: de, es-ES, fr, id, it, ja, pl, pt-BR, ru, zh-CN.
Please let me know if you are a priority locale and do not think you can commit to the deadline!

Thanks for your help and hard work with this. As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Cheers
delphine

[1]https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.l10n.web/XdQxwcEzlz4
[2]https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/focus
[3]https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/focus-for-ios/
[4]https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/focusios-l10n/

delphine

Jan 5, 2017, 2:50:14 PM1/5/17
Focus App translation has been enabled on Pootle too now: https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/focus/

If you are interested, please reach out on the Pootle tech team alias or directly to me so we can enable your project there.

thank you!

droid...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2017, 10:20:39 AM1/9/17
Me and Andreas started localizing it too Swedish, thanks for all the help delphine and mathjaz :)

delphine

Jan 9, 2017, 5:02:26 PM1/9/17
Quick update: 2.1 strings have now been exposed.

Thanks everyone :D
delphine