New localization in Mongolia

nyamk...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2014, 8:11:22 AM8/9/14
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
I'd like to start a new localization into Mongolian (Cyrillic). I'm Mongolian, and i speaking English as the second language. I translated some apps in past, and still translating some of them. I want translate Mozilla Firefox. Can anyone help me to get started. Thanks

Axel Hecht

Aug 14, 2014, 4:27:10 PM8/14/14
to nyamk...@gmail.com
On 8/9/14 2:11 PM, nyamk...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'd like to start a new localization into Mongolian (Cyrillic). I'm Mongolian, and i speaking English as the second language. I translated some apps in past, and still translating some of them. I want translate Mozilla Firefox. Can anyone help me to get started. Thanks
Hi Nyamka,

thanks for your offer to help.

We had two efforts for Mongolian so far, so there's a bunch of work to
build on.

Those were single-person efforts each, so it seems that both had
problems creating a community around their effort, and thus weren't able
to sustain the effort.

Do you have peers to join your effort already? Would have folks that are
interested?

Looking at the past, I'd like to see a group of at least 2-3 people to
commit to the Mongolian localization. Until then, I think it'd be a
great idea to revive the effort by working on a language pack, that
users can install like other add-ons.

Seems that Arky has set up Mongolian on locamotion,
http://mozilla.locamotion.org/mn/, might be good to start doing some
submissions there.

Axel