I want Danish language (da) on Firefox OS

Oct 10, 2013, 8:15:35 PM10/10/13
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
I would really like to get the danish language (da) included in Firefox
OS in the future but i don't know how.

Some other people that i have written with have translated the language
files to danish ( https://bitbucket.org/mozilladanmark/gaia-da ) but i
don't know how to get the language files included i future versions of
Firefox OS.

I would also like the danish keyboard layout and so on.

What do i need to do to make it happen ?

Jeff Beatty

Oct 11, 2013, 3:52:49 PM10/11/13
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, x...@x.mozilla.org
Hello x,

Congratulations! We'd love to help you. Have you been in touch with the
Danish community by chance ( https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams:da )?

Thanks,
Jeff
El 10/10/13 5:15 p.m., x escribió:

*Jeff Beatty*
Localization Engineer
@mozilla_l10n <http://twitter.com/mozilla_l10n>
801.367.3763

Oct 12, 2013, 12:56:15 AM10/12/13
Den 11-10-2013 21:52, Jeff Beatty skrev:
> Hello x,
>
> Congratulations! We'd love to help you. Have you been in touch with the
> Danish community by chance ( https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams:da )?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Yeah i have written with two of them here : http://forum.mozilladanmark.dk/

But i dont think they know how to get the translation into Firefox OS.
I think just about everything in gaia have been translated. Maybe this
can tell : https://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/compare?run=341834

But what do we do after it has all been translated ?

Axel Hecht

Oct 14, 2013, 8:41:33 AM10/14/13
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

mozilla's not shipping Firefox OS, but our partners do. It's up to them
to decide which languages to include in the version of Firefox OS they ship.

Right now, that's a hard choice due to the limitations in our platform,
and the limitations of the devices.

So partners make a decision on what they need to put on the phone for
their market, and not what they can put on the phone.

For Danish, that means that right now, there's no partner that includes
Danish on the device.

If you get your hands on a hackable device with Firefox OS, you can hack
that to get a Danish version on, though. There are docs on MDN that show
how.

Axel

Axel Hecht

Oct 14, 2013, 10:56:32 AM10/14/13
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
PS: Please use a real email address, it's tiring to approve posts of an
obviously fake identity.

Axel

Oct 17, 2013, 10:14:36 PM10/17/13
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
> Hi,
>
> mozilla's not shipping Firefox OS, but our partners do. It's up to them
> to decide which languages to include in the version of Firefox OS they
> ship.
>
> Right now, that's a hard choice due to the limitations in our platform,
> and the limitations of the devices.
>
> So partners make a decision on what they need to put on the phone for
> their market, and not what they can put on the phone.
>
> For Danish, that means that right now, there's no partner that includes
> Danish on the device.
>
> If you get your hands on a hackable device with Firefox OS, you can hack
> that to get a Danish version on, though. There are docs on MDN that show
> how.
>
> Axel

Ok but where do i look if the danish translation is in the code so that
partners in the future can have the option to include it ?

I have a Geeksphone Peak and i have tryed to get the code and merge it
with danish translation but not much luck, i managed to get some part of
the apps with danish to view in the desktop browser but then i cant
teste it like the phone so it not so good. Seems very hard all the
things that have to work together to get it to work.

Oct 17, 2013, 10:15:51 PM10/17/13
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
> PS: Please use a real email address, it's tiring to approve posts of an
> obviously fake identity.

I dont want spam thats why i dont use my email.