Revive Belarusian community

Hanna Kanabiajeuskaja

Jan 25, 2017, 6:59:39 AM1/25/17
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Mozilla team,

A few people pointed out to me recently that Belarusian was removed in a recent release of Firefox. As I looked for the reason, I discovered that Belarusian community has been inactive for a while.

I do believe, however, that I could bring it back to live. I will get people to join from:
1. The community that's contributing to facebook translations (around 160 people)
2. The community that has gathered around Belarusian language meet-ups (I'm estimating the pool at around 500 people)
3. A group of professional translators (small but mighty :)

I know localization well (I lead l10n efforts for box.com), and I can prepare glossaries and guides to help people get started. But I could really use your help understanding:
1. What content is out there in general
2. What tools are available to localize it

Let me know what you think!

Hanna

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Jan 25, 2017, 7:19:13 AM1/25/17
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Hanna,
this is great news. There's already at least one person who was
interested in contributing (meequz)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.l10n/dxf7HliMGE4/DuM1EYjRBQAJ

Translation is currently available through Pontoon
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/be/

The first projects to localize in order of priority would definitely be
Firefox (desktop, android), and mozilla.org (I need to restore the
previous content before exposing the project on Pontoon).

I think the first step would be to create an account on Pontoon and get
in touch with :meequz to see how to organize the work.
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/be/contributors/

As a new user you would only be able to submit suggestion, so I will
need to upgrade your permissions to be able to submit translations and
manage other users.

Francesco