Add kurdish language

mhamads...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2017, 4:36:56 AM12/30/17
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Ican add kurdish language

Michael Wolf

Dec 30, 2017, 2:38:48 PM12/30/17
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
mhamads...@gmail.com schrieb:
> Ican add kurdish language

Hi,

what Kurdish do you want to translate into? Kurmanji, Central Kurdish
(Sorani), or Southern Kurdish?

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Dec 31, 2017, 2:16:30 AM12/31/17
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 30/12/17 09.28, mhamads...@gmail.com ha scritto:
> Ican add kurdish language
Hi,
Not sure if the request is "Can I add Kurdish to X", or "Can I translate
X into Kurdish". In both cases, it's missing "what": Firefox? A few more
words would definitely help ;-)

Please take a look at similar requests in the past month or so
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mozilla.dev.l10n.new-locales

Quoting from one of them
> Can you clarify if this request is about you wanting to localize Firefox
> on your own, or if there's a larger community of people interested in
> helping?
>
> I'm asking because I think it's important to set expectations:
> localizing Firefox is a process that will take several months, or
> years, even with a group of people actively translating it. There
> won't be official builds until you reach a certain level of completion
> of the main parts, at that point there will be only Nightly builds.
> After that, you'll still need to find testers and complete translation
> in order to move on to Beta and Release.
>
> For this reason, we tend to discourage one-person efforts. You need
> other people to help you out, so finding them should likely be the
> first step.

Firefox used to ship in Kurdish a few years back (locale code: ku). Not
sure if that would be the right code at this point (it's a
macrolanguage), or which of the variants was used (script is Latin, not
Arabic).

Francesco