Cornish (kw)

Nicky Rowe

Apr 27, 2018, 9:46:26 AM4/27/18
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi!

I'd like to request Cornish (kw) be added to Pontoon. We have a small group
of translators willing to get started on localisations for Cornish. Short
term goals are Focus and Common Voice, long term Firefox and Thunderbird.
I've created an account there.

The current plural rules for Cornish on CLDR are inaccurate (a bug has been
filed there). I'm not sure if you use the same category names as CLDR, if
so perhaps 'one-plural' should be 'many'? You guys know more about what
Pontoon requires.

zero: 0
one-singular: 1
one-plural: all numbers that end in 01, 21, 41, 61 and 81; all decimal
places ending in 1 (e.g. 0.1, 1.51, 6.481, etc)
two: 2 and all numbers that end in 02, 22, 42, 62 and 82; numbers that end
with the following multiples of 1,000: 1,000-20,000, 40,000, 60,000,
80,000; numbers that end with a multiple of 100,000; all decimal places
ending in 2
few: 3 and all numbers that end in 03, 23, 43, 63 and 83, all decimal
places ending in 3
other: all other numbers and decimal places

Here are the rules for ordinal numbers, if you need them:

one: 1, 2, 3, 4; all numbers ending 01-04, 21-24, 41-44, 61-64, 81-84
two: 5 and all numbers ending 05, 25, 45, 65, 85
other: all other numbers

Let me know if my descriptions are unclear and I'll try to explain better.
Thanks!

Nicky

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Apr 27, 2018, 11:02:18 AM4/27/18
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, Nicky Rowe
Hi Nicky,
That's one complicated plural rule.

Can you confirm if this output matches your expectations?
https://gist.github.com/flodolo/1d205d777f4f85a686f082ab250f2a8b#file-output-txt

It shows number from 0 to 199 (10 per row), with the associated plural
form, plus some special cases.

0: zero
1: one
2: two
3: few
4: many
5: other

I've used many for what you called "one-plural". Unlike CLDR, we don't
really consider decimal numbers, only integers.

Francesco

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Apr 27, 2018, 12:38:48 PM4/27/18
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, Nicky Rowe
Adding back the mailing list.

Another try, hopefully I got all of them
https://gist.github.com/flodolo/1d205d777f4f85a686f082ab250f2a8b

It would be good for a better developer to take a look though ;-)

You can download the .js file, add more examples at the end, and run it
locally with node.

Francesco
> Hi Francesco,
>
> The only incorrect return is 110,000, which should be 2. It's not just
> the stated multiples of 10,000 that require the rule, but all numbers
> that end with them, so 10,000, 1*15,000*, 8*20,000*, 1,435,1*40,000*,
> etc. Also all numbers that end with a multiple of 100,000 belong to
> the 'two' category, so 800,000, 1,*100,000*, 56,*500,000*, etc., but
> not multiples of a million or billion.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to put the code together, it's very much
> appreciated.
>
> Nicky
>

> On 27 April 2018 at 23:02, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] <fl...@lodolo.net
> <mailto:dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org>

Delphine Lebédel

Apr 27, 2018, 2:23:15 PM4/27/18
to dev-l10n-n...@lists.mozilla.org, Nicky Rowe
Hi Nicky,

I've just enabled Cornish on Pontoon: https://pontoon.mozilla.org/kw/

You'll see I added the Focus Android project there, it should be available
in a few minutes. I'll send you more information on that product release
cycle and testing, but I need to update some parts of our documentation
first ;)

thanks
delphine

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] <fl...@lodolo.net>