Localization in South Azerbaijani

mou...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2014, 10:12:00 AM4/6/14
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello there,

I wanted to start and participate in localizing Firefox to South Azerbaijani languages. It is a language of Iran, also spoken in Iraq and Afghanistan with more than 15 million speakers. The script is based on Arabic and differs from the Latin of North Azerbaijani. The vocabulary is also different, to the degree that they have been identified as different languages by standards (azj is the code of north Azerbaijani and azb for south).

The locale code of this language can be simply 'azb' or 'az_IR'

I am a professional developer and have good experience in linguistically related issues and programming. I have developed a Transliterator for Azerbaijani language (http://azconvert.sourceforge.net) and have also participated in other translation platforms like Wikipedia. (http://translatewiki.net/wiki/User:Mousa)

Regards,
Mousa