Belarusian Latin sctript

tark...@googlemail.com

Dec 30, 2014, 11:08:28 AM12/30/14
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello all! I would like to be helpful with a Belarusian translation. But as I can see, you only have the Cyrillic script. We also have the old-fashion Latin script, which would look very nice, like a Shakespeare's English looks to you. So Many people in Belarus will like that!

Gordon P. Hemsley

Dec 30, 2014, 9:23:12 PM12/30/14
On 12/29/2014 01:51 AM, tark...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello all! I would like to be helpful with a Belarusian translation. But as I can see, you only have the Cyrillic script. We also have the old-fashion Latin script, which would look very nice, like a Shakespeare's English looks to you. So Many people in Belarus will like that!

Is there a modern community that writes Belarusian in the Latin script?
All information I can find suggests that such a usage is primarily
historical. (Note that we do not have a localization into Shakespearean
English.)

--
Gordon P. Hemsley
http://gphemsley.org/

Axel Hecht

Dec 31, 2014, 9:27:00 AM12/31/14
to mozilla-dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org, tark...@googlemail.com
To add to what Gordon wrote:

I wouldn't mind a language pack to that extent, but for a localization
hosted on mozilla, we'd need a current audience.

I'd also suggest to investigate technical means to do the transcription
from the Cyrillic one (we do that for Serbian, for example).
https://gist.github.com/Pike/6525641 might be something you can adapt
via Belarusian-Latin/BGN ?

Axel