Hi

LazyBoy

May 16, 2013, 9:30:38 AM5/16/13
to dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org
During these days we were trying to organize ourselves to translate and
localize new firefox strings.
Thanks Kyaw for being active on old miss-understanding strings fixed and
let me know if you have any difficulties with pootle.
For me , I just get back reviewer access for mozilla_lang projects on
pootle and would try to tune for important parts.

TinAungLinn
--
http://zinm.in
I am a web developer.

arky

May 17, 2013, 9:17:06 AM5/17/13
to mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org
On 05/16/2013 03:30 PM, LazyBoy wrote:
> During these days we were trying to organize ourselves to translate and
> localize new firefox strings.
> Thanks Kyaw for being active on old miss-understanding strings fixed and
> let me know if you have any difficulties with pootle.
> For me , I just get back reviewer access for mozilla_lang projects on
> pootle and would try to tune for important parts.

Good to hear you are picking up the pace. :)

Dwayne said recent Burmese translations had English strings in the
translation Burmese strings. I guess someone submitted translations by
copy and pasting English source strings.

The reason we have review process to prevent such malicious behavior.

Cheers

--arky

LazyBoy

May 19, 2013, 3:54:32 PM5/19/13
to arky, Kyaw Zwa Thant, mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org
There are some strings that we decided not to translate yet and still
untranslated because of language usability . We have not enough vocabulary
in Burmese Language to cover the whole English meaning .

I will check back each a day for that .
We need more talk about this via mailing lists .

Cheers

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM, arky <ar...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On 05/16/2013 03:30 PM, LazyBoy wrote:
>
>> During these days we were trying to organize ourselves to translate and
>> localize new firefox strings.
>> Thanks Kyaw for being active on old miss-understanding strings fixed and
>> let me know if you have any difficulties with pootle.
>> For me , I just get back reviewer access for mozilla_lang projects on
>> pootle and would try to tune for important parts.
>>

> Good to hear you are picking up the pace. :)
>
> Dwayne said recent Burmese translations had English strings in the
> translation Burmese strings. I guess someone submitted translations by copy
> and pasting English source strings.
>
> The reason we have review process to prevent such malicious behavior.
>
> Cheers
>
> --arky

arky

May 20, 2013, 5:55:37 AM5/20/13
On 05/19/2013 09:54 PM, LazyBoy wrote:
> There are some strings that we decided not to translate yet and still
> untranslated because of language usability . We have not enough vocabulary
> in Burmese Language to cover the whole English meaning .

Now I understand the problem. :)

Perhaps it would be a good idea to leave a comment whenever you decide
to keep the string in English.

Cheers

--arky

LazyBoy