test automation crew update: not unspun yet

Jared Hirsch

Nov 1, 2012, 2:22:23 PM11/1/12
to dev-id...@lists.mozilla.org
As mentioned in a previous
thread<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mozilla.dev.identity/bWfI_PrS3Wc>on
this list, the test automation crew has been cranking for the past few
weeks, and was slated for deactivation on 10/31. We've got lots of tests
and supporting infrastructure done, but a few tasks are still open:

Super important:
* complete Travis CI integration (Shane's actively working on this)
* complete Jenkins integration (Jared's actively working on this)
* ensure stability is at 90% for tests, 99% for health checks

Also Important:
* document unwritten tests so that other ppl can contribute (John's got
this)
* create a wiki page to archive crew docs and work
* blog post covering the basics (Jared's got some raw materials to use
here)
* code-level docs (as time allows, within reason)
* general code cleanup (at least ticketing things we'd like to improve)

(Note that these tasks are documented in the crew's
etherpad<https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/test-automation-spec>
.)

We're extending the crew's lifespan to stay focused on these last few
tasks: we'll crank for another week, and reassess progress next Wednesday.
This is timed to coincide with our weekly engineering coordination meeting,
so questions are welcome live or by email (the meeting
notes<https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/eng-coordination>are available
publicly for those who miss it/are curious).

Cheers,

Jared