Gaia system architecture diagram

Alive Kuo

Apr 30, 2013, 3:41:12 PM4/30/13
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I just made a system architecture diagram from gaia side,
here the (updated) source is:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/18DnhTgQBK3M0KBeLGJkWW1hfiYBB6GgTmfdbUnT2SLs/edit?usp=sharing

The idea is derived from Sotaro's Firefox OS diagram, but I focus on gaia system side more.
Not every detail is included/touched in the graph but as far as I could remember/figure out.

Tell me if you have any thought, and, let's improve it for the world of better design and fewer bugs.

-Alive

--
Alive C. Kuo, Front-end Eng., Mozilla Corp. (Taiwan, Taipei)

Josh Carpenter

May 1, 2013, 2:04:25 AM5/1/13
to Alive Kuo, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Alive, this is epic. Thanks for putting it together and sharing with the team!

Josh Carpenter (PTO April 26)
UX Lead, Firefox OS
Mozilla

Gareth Aye

May 9, 2013, 3:00:24 PM5/9/13
to Alive Kuo, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Alive,

I just got a chance to look through this in a bit more depth and it's
really helpful! Nice job and thanks very much :)

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Alive Kuo <al...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just made a system architecture diagram from gaia side,
> here the (updated) source is:
>
> https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/18DnhTgQBK3M0KBeLGJkWW1hfiYBB6GgTmfdbUnT2SLs/edit?usp=sharing
>
> The idea is derived from Sotaro's Firefox OS diagram, but I focus on gaia
> system side more.
> Not every detail is included/touched in the graph but as far as I could
> remember/figure out.
>
> Tell me if you have any thought, and, let's improve it for the world of
> better design and fewer bugs.
>
> -Alive
>
> --
> Alive C. Kuo, Front-end Eng., Mozilla Corp. (Taiwan, Taipei)

Best,
Gareth

Alive Kuo

May 10, 2013, 6:32:57 AM5/10/13
to Gareth Aye, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm glad you like it.

Yesterday I held a brown bag to explain the diagram to the Taipei office, by dry running on the diagram itself,
and I realized that if I don't have a slide handy, I couldn't explain this architecture very well.

So I am going to write one for it, not sure how long I will take, but let's stay tuned.
--
Alive C. Kuo, Front-end Eng., Mozilla Corp. (Taiwan, Taipei)