Intent to upgrade: redux and react-redux

Jaroslav Šnajdr

Jan 10, 2017, 10:31:49 AM1/10/17
to dev-developer-tools
Hello everyone,

In bug 1326137, I intend to upgrade the redux library to version 3.6.0, and
the react-redux library (the one that provides the connect() machinery) to
version 5.0.1.

The previous versions were more than one year old, and the libraries have
been substantially improved since then.

Mochitests are green, and talos results tell there is no change in
performance. (Which is a rather sad result, as we hoped for a significant
performance boost, as promised by react-redux 5.0 release notes. But our
use case turned out not to use these improvements.) See the bug for
treeherder links.

As this is a change that has impact on almost every tool, I'm announcing it
on the mailing list, so everyone has an opportunity to test the upgrade
patch before landing and raise issues.

Jarda

J. Ryan Stinnett

Jan 10, 2017, 12:37:14 PM1/10/17
to Jaroslav Šnajdr, dev-developer-tools
Sounds like there are good improvements in the change log, even if
they don't necessarily pan out for us currently.

Seems reasonable to upgrade anyway to me, since the work is done and
brings us up to more modern versions.

- Ryan