Thunderbird 60 addon dev: getting started

soum...@iitk.ac.in

May 23, 2018, 4:03:26 AM5/23/18
to Thunderbird Enterprise, dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-devel...@lists.mozilla.org, support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,

I am new to Thunderbird development. I want to start development of
Thunderbird(TB) add-on for version 60. I am facing following
problems/queries

1) No direct development guide is available with a sample working add-on.

2) No XUL in TB60, does that mean complete architecture changed.

I am planning following

1) An overview architecture of Thunderbird for plugin developers (big
picture is incomplete in TB dev site ).

2) How to develop a sample addon  and integrate with TB60

3) develop a working addon for my work

4) Write a documentation of the above and publish so that others can get
started.

If some one done this earlier can help me providing me a pointer...my
bad google search did not help me.

--
Sincerely,
Soumitri Mishra