FireQuery beta 3

Jan Odvarko

Jul 8, 2015, 4:10:27 PM7/8/15
to dev-developer-tools dev, Jeff Griffiths
We have been recently working on FireQuery extension to DevTools targeting jQuery folks.

beta 3 is now available for download:
https://getfirebug.com/releases/firequery/2.0/firequery-2.0.0-beta.3.xpi <https://getfirebug.com/releases/firequery/2.0/firequery-2.0.0-beta.3.xpi>

It should be pretty solid atm

== Features ==

- The Console panel renders an indicator (an envelope) for elements that have jQuery.data associated. You might try to execute the following expression on the Console panel command line: jQuery("*") if you have such element(s) on your page.

- Clicking on the envelope in the Console panel opens the VariablesView with details.

- The Console panel has a new "jQuerify" button in the toolbar that can be used to inject jQuery in the current page. There is a extensions.firebug.firequery.jQueryURL pref that provides the URL (this is the original pref name, we might want to change it)

- The Inspector panel renders an indicator (an envelope) for elements that have jQuery data associated.

- Clicking on an envelope in the Inspector panel opens a tooltip with details.

- Right clicking on an envelope in the Inspector panel and picking "Show DOM Properties" opens the Variables View with details.

- Envelopes in the Inspector panel are dynamically added/removed as jQuery is creating/removing data.

== Known Issues ==

- In e10s mode, FireQuery works only on the first browser tab where the Toolbox is opened. Blocked by the platform bug 1181100 (but new report might be needed)
- Support for existing themes

== Test Pages ==

- http://www.softwareishard.com/temp/firequery/test/?v=1.2.6
This one allows testing various jQuery versions

- http://softwareishard.com/temp/firequery/test1/index.html
A bit cryptic

All tested with Firefox Nightly (mostly in e10s mode)
Official support set to Firefox 39+

== Downloads ==

Releases:
https://github.com/firebug/firequery/releases/tag/firequery-2.0.0-beta.3 <https://github.com/firebug/firequery/releases/tag/firequery-2.0.0-beta.3>

Direct link to beta 3 XPI:
https://getfirebug.com/releases/firequery/2.0/firequery-2.0.0-beta.3.xpi <https://getfirebug.com/releases/firequery/2.0/firequery-2.0.0-beta.3.xpi>

Issue list:
https://github.com/firebug/firequery/issues <https://github.com/firebug/firequery/issues>

Build from the source:
https://github.com/firebug/firequery/wiki/Developer-Guide <https://github.com/firebug/firequery/wiki/Developer-Guide>

Honza

Russ Thomas

Jul 8, 2015, 4:30:37 PM7/8/15
to Jan Odvarko, Jeff Griffiths, dev-developer-tools dev
Pretty cool, Jan. Tested on Dev Ed.

Is the envelope that I see in the Inspector meant to do the same/similar
thing? I mention it because, it appears that the selector-arrow (in the
inspector) is now failing to find/locate the selected HTML element... maybe
that's a different bug...

Russ

Jan Odvarko

Jul 8, 2015, 4:35:42 PM7/8/15
to Russ Thomas, Jeff Griffiths, dev-developer-tools dev

> On 08 Jul 2015, at 22:30, Russ Thomas <russg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Pretty cool, Jan. Tested on Dev Ed.
>
> Is the envelope that I see in the Inspector meant to do the same/similar thing?
Clicking on an envelope in the Inspector panel should show a tooltip
with details (expandable tree showing jQuery.data structure)

> I mention it because, it appears that the selector-arrow (in the inspector) is now failing to find/locate the selected HTML element... maybe that's a different bug…
Can you please file a bug here:
https://github.com/firebug/firequery/issues <https://github.com/firebug/firequery/issues>
with a screenshot attached?

That would help to investigate the problem.

Thanks!
Honza