Remote Debugger | setBreakpoint over thread actor

Serti Ayoub

Oct 11, 2017, 6:23:17 PM10/11/17
to dev-devel...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all,

I'm working on an client to debug JS script within a Tab on Firefox.

At the moment, I can attach to a Tab --> Get the threadActor.

When I sent back "setBreakpoint" message to threadActor I get an error
packet:

{"error":"unrecognizedPacketType","message":"Actor server2.conn27.child8/
context27
does not recognize the packet type setBreakpoint","from":"
server2.conn27.child8
/context27"}

Does I miss something?

Regards,
-Ayb

Soledad Penadés

Oct 12, 2017, 4:50:27 AM10/12/17
to dev-devel...@lists.mozilla.org
From my limited experience, maybe you need to get the *debugger* actor
to set breakpoints?

As far as I understand, each actor knows how to respond to some types of
messages only.

Hope this either helps or at least gives you a useful hint :-)

sole

http://soledadpenades.com

Patrick Brosset

Oct 12, 2017, 10:03:50 AM10/12/17
to dev-developer-tools
There's also a bit of documentation here:
http://docs.firefox-dev.tools/backend/client-api.html
I hope this is helpful, and I'm sorry I can't help much ore than that.

Serti Ayoub

Oct 12, 2017, 10:17:49 AM10/12/17
to Patrick Brosset, dev-developer-tools
Hi,
>From documentation, the 'setBreakpoint' should be sent to threadActor (

{ "to":<thread>, "type":"setBreakpoint", "location":<location> } )

It doesn't work. Instead I find a way to set breakpoint by sending
"setBreakpoint" to source actor.

However, I think document is wrong and must be changed.

-Ayb