Web compat devtools usage

Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen

Jun 13, 2016, 5:25:59 PM6/13/16
to dev-developer-tools
Hi,
analysing compatibility issues on sites across the web obviously makes
me and my team quite heavy users of the developer tools. I've got two
interesting questions that I'm wondering about.

1) Am I using devtools optimally, or are there shortcuts and features
that might help me?

2) Do you devtools developers know enough about how your tools are
used out there in the real world? Or might it be interesting to
observe people using your tools working on real problems?

So, I thought, if any of you are interested, some of you could drop in
and observe what I'm trying to make the tools do (I probably spend
most of my time in the debugger so it will be somewhat less
interesting to those working on other tools). Perhaps others on the
webcompat team are happy to be observed too. I can ask them. Perhaps
you'll have some tricks to teach us after observation. Perhaps you'll
notice limitations that are more important than you thought. Or
perhaps it will be a waste of time... we never know. We'll have a "web
compat home base" somewhere and spend some time there trying to get
through issues that need analysis. Let me know if you're interested in
dropping in.
-Hallvord R